The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

wdm
Vice Admiral

#436 Post by wdm »

This weekend I watched 12 Mile Road for the first time. Does anyone know where it was filmed at or have other information about this film?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#437 Post by Steve »

wdm wrote:This weekend I watched 12 Mile Road for the first time. Does anyone know where it was filmed at or have other information about this film?
According to IMDB it was filmed in the Calgary area, which was supposed to be Idaho, and, this should interest you, the Farm in the Book the Movie was based on is in Iowa. It's a nice little movie isn't it? Wendy Crewson and Anna Gunn are two of my favorite actresses and I loved seeing them interact with our boy TS........

wdm
Vice Admiral

#438 Post by wdm »

It is a nice movie. I live in a rural area and it reminds me a lot of home. Thank you for the information.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#439 Post by SelleckLover »

FYI: In 12 Mile Road, Wendy Crewson plays TS's wife for the second time. She also was his wife in the movie Folks!. :D

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#440 Post by Shermy »

SelleckLover wrote:I thought he handled the ambush quite well. He was supposed to be asked about the movie he was plugging.
I remember this being the general consensus in the press as well- even among people that were very anti-gun.

Selleck was there to promote The Love Letter, which had the unenviable task of opening against the (then) first Star Wars film in 16 years. So he was basically ambushed twice in the same week. :lol:

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#441 Post by SelleckLover »

Shermy wrote:
So he was basically ambushed twice in the same week.
Right you are, Shermy! :D

gmt16750
Captain

#442 Post by gmt16750 »

About Tom Selleck as Mr. Nice Guy, i think that's why the show works so fine, they are all in some way giving the best of their own personnality. Hillerman enjoyed to live alone and Higgins majordomo is one of his streak heightened to main character.
And then the meeting of Hillerman and Selleck wasn't predictable to be so perfect, some things could never be done on purpose, it's just luck, affinities and a great bunch of writers (who take a fancy to this funny couple)
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

wdm
Vice Admiral

#443 Post by wdm »

Has anyone on the board written to TS for an autograph? I was thinking about writing to get a photo for my office. I am a middle school assistant principal and thought it may be good to show what a positive role model looks like to students.

Zudobug
Lieutenant Commander

#444 Post by Zudobug »

I've just finished watching a documentary on Tom Selleck on the Bio channel (a UK channel that specializes in TV biographies). It was quite interesting to find out what Selleck had done since Magnum. His career seemed to have covered almost every kind of role in the industry from cowboy's (in various films and TV shows) to homosexuals (the movie In and Out).

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#445 Post by Kahunagirl »

I was working from home one day last week and had one of the early morning shows on in the other room, when I heard a familiar voice coming through the room. Yes, TS, and an OJ commercial that seemed new to me. Turns out it was a new one ...

From http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/a ... 019283.ece
Orange juice slowly cascades into a glass and splashes up its sides. Tom Selleck's smooth bass resonates in the background.

"Once a day you can help support your immune system," he says. "… Once a day you can get a unique, all-natural power pack of essential vitamins and minerals."

"Maybe," he pauses. "Once a day is not enough."
In more ways than one? :wink:

Kahunagirl

Carmen
MPI

#446 Post by Carmen »

WOW makes me shiver even to think about him saying "Once a day is not enough" :shock: :oops:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#447 Post by Agatha »

MMMMMMMMMMe, too!!

:wink:
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Kingdom of the Blue Whale

#448 Post by golfmobile »

Just came upstairs from being on the computer downstairs, and the National Geographic Channel was tuned in on the TV up here. Guess who!!!?? TS is narrating The Kingdom of the Blue Whale on Nat Geo. This is a new one to me. Anyone else know about this?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#449 Post by Italian Ice »

Apparently before he was famous, TS was a contestant on the Dating Game twice and lost twice. Anybody know this? I sure didn't. It was an answer on a multiple choice "game show" questionnaire that I did at work today. Who would have thought he would have dating issues when he became a PI.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#450 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I have seen him talk about his Dating Game experience in interviews before. He also talks about gettnig one of his first jobs, a Pepsi commercial, because he can dunk a basketball.