Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#16 Post by Doc Ibold »

Still rockin the ascot in '96!

Sweet

higgybaby1
Lieutenant Commander

#17 Post by higgybaby1 »

After some intensive reasearch, I found that John Hillerman does not live on a ranch but rather a quiet shady street in Houston. I sent him a lengthy fan letter with careful sincerity and discretion in the text and I recieved one back from Mr. Hillerman. He asked that I not share his address and is quite explicit about his privacy. The letter is brief and non-descript but his appreciation for enthusiasm after nearly 20 years is evidenced. Although he did not sign a photo, he did sign twice at the bottom, "Jonathan Q. Higgins," (ink stamp pawprint) "The Lads," then finally, John B. Hillerman.

If you must contact him, there are several sites that list his address but I prefer to keep his wishes and I do not mean to be greedy. At any rate, the correct address is the Bade street version.
OH MY GAWD!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#18 Post by IslandHopper »

higgybaby1 wrote:Although he did not sign a photo, he did sign twice at the bottom, "Jonathan Q. Higgins," (ink stamp pawprint) "The Lads," then finally, John B. Hillerman.
That is a great story. What a nice momento to have. Even signed on behalf of "The Lads." Very cool. :)
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#19 Post by rubber chicken »

Wow, that's really awesome. He's living his Clark Kent phase of life now, I can picture him sitting by a fire writing his Magnum P.I. memoirs. :D

I respect his desire for privacy, that's how I would feel too. I actually found Mr. Selleck's ranch on google maps but haven't mentioned it before. I'd hate to be the cause of any bother to him or his family.

The signatures are great, with the pawprint being a very classy touch. :D

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

I too, have found TS's ranch on Google Earth, and have recently driven by the ranch on the way to go visit my sister. You can't see much of it as it is gated and there is heavy vegetation and trees blocking the view of the ranch from the road. It's way out in the boonies and the area is very beautiful. Like rubber chicken, I respect TS's desire for privacy and have kept the knowledge to myself, but I just had to go there just to see what I could see! (Which was nothing!) LOL :D

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#21 Post by Doc Ibold »

higgybaby1 wrote:After some intensive reasearch, I found that John Hillerman does not live on a ranch but rather a quiet shady street in Houston. I sent him a lengthy fan letter with careful sincerity and discretion in the text and I recieved one back from Mr. Hillerman. He asked that I not share his address and is quite explicit about his privacy. The letter is brief and non-descript but his appreciation for enthusiasm after nearly 20 years is evidenced. Although he did not sign a photo, he did sign twice at the bottom, "Jonathan Q. Higgins," (ink stamp pawprint) "The Lads," then finally, John B. Hillerman.

If you must contact him, there are several sites that list his address but I prefer to keep his wishes and I do not mean to be greedy. At any rate, the correct address is the Bade street version.
Thats really cool, and I appreciate his respect for privacy.

After so many years of living in the public eye, he deserves to have his wishes respected.

Kudos to him for acknowledging the show and the appreciation we have for him!

Rock on JBH!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#22 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, you corresponded with John Hillerman! It doesn't get much better than that! Super cool higgybaby1! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Danno »

Higgybaby1, that is so cool... I love that he has a paw print stamp!

Here's a pretty funny ad with Hillerman playing Higgie...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vRmDsVi13Y
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Steve »

I wonder if the commercial was filmed during; "The People vs. Orville Wright"........Notice the accountant from the episode reaching into the jar........

Steve
Chicago

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, that came up in an earlier thread. It certainly looks like Lyman Ward in that commercial!

Speaking of Hillerman, I just came across this wonderful YouTube clip from the 1975 Peter Bogdanovich musical comedy At Long Last Love, which features Hillerman and Eileen Brennan singing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-TIquf6 ... re=related

I gotta see this movie. If Hillerman and Madeline Kahn have a seen together, I'll probably have a heart attack, or something! ;)

SelleckLover

#26 Post by SelleckLover »

Wow, James! Thanks for posting that link to You Tube. I saw "At Long Last Love" (BTW, it bombed at the box office.) when it came out, and I don't remember that scene. But then again, that was 33 years ago! If memory serves me correctly, I believe Burt Reynolds and Cybill Shepherd were the principal stars. :D

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#27 Post by J.J. Walters »

SelleckLover wrote:I believe Burt Reynolds and Cybill Shepherd were the principal stars. :D
That's true SL, but Madeline Kahn was also in it. In my mind, she's always the biggest "star" in every movie she's in. Of course, I'm a little biased because she's my all-time favorite actress! Oh how I wish she would have appeard in a MPI episode!

SelleckLover

#28 Post by SelleckLover »

Madeline Kahn was an outstanding comedic actress. My favorite role of hers was Elizabeth in "Young Frankenstein". In fact "Young Frankenstein" is probably one of my favorite movies of all time!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#29 Post by rubber chicken »

mpifan
Ensign

#30 Post by mpifan »

SelleckLover wrote:I too, have found TS's ranch on Google Earth, and have recently driven by the ranch on the way to go visit my sister. You can't see much of it as it is gated and there is heavy vegetation and trees blocking the view of the ranch from the road. It's way out in the boonies and the area is very beautiful. Like rubber chicken, I respect TS's desire for privacy and have kept the knowledge to myself, but I just had to go there just to see what I could see! (Which was nothing!) LOL :D
That's pretty cool. Tom's parents lived approximately 30 minutes from me back I think sometime in the late 80's to early 90's. They had a miniature horse farm. Tom had been seen in my area but I was never one of the lucky ones. :(