The Larry Manetti Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#136 Post by Seaver41 »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
mandolabar wrote:Okay, THAT was awesome. Much Lego discussion on the air, they gave Roger his set, and I can't wait to show the video to my son Michael when I get home!!!

He'll be all :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Yaaaayyy!

~Amanda
Amanda, I can't believe you were on and the Lego project actually got into the hands of Rick and TC! That's amaaaaaaaaazing! It was great hearing you talk about Michael's project. Too bad he wasn't able to call in himself.

Interesting talk about John Hillerman turning Larry down flat for appearing on the show (or appearing on anything related to Magnum P.I. at all!). I wonder if he would be swayed if we put together a petition? Roger said he'd work on him...we'll see!
when you say it like that it comes across loudly that Hillerman has an issue being associated with Magnum.......is that so?

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#137 Post by Waterbug Blue »

For those who missed it ... try here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA3124B291587A26E

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#138 Post by Waterbug Blue »

btw interesting to watch the faces... an extra radio does not give you, and quite authentic! :D

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#139 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Seaver41 wrote: when you say it like that it comes across loudly that Hillerman has an issue being associated with Magnum.......is that so?
I don't think so, per se. The way Larry put it was something like, when Hillerman shot his last Magnum episode he promised himself that he wouldn't do another appearance related to the show. Maybe it was just to make sure he forced himself to do more projects rather than living in the past. Maybe he was pissed about something. In this show, both Larry and Roger suggest that they (including Selleck) all got screwed out of residuals and merchandising. Sounds like they get little to nothing from reruns or dvd sales.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#140 Post by J.J. Walters »

mandolabar wrote:Okay, THAT was awesome. Much Lego discussion on the air, they gave Roger his set, and I can't wait to show the video to my son Michael when I get home!!!

He'll be all :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Yaaaayyy!
As Mel Allen used to say, "How about that!" :)

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#141 Post by Steve »

Very cool.............Amanda, you sounded great!!!!

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#142 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Orville?! Izzat YOOOO?!
yessuh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kslv7l75jQ

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#143 Post by Seaver41 »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Seaver41 wrote: when you say it like that it comes across loudly that Hillerman has an issue being associated with Magnum.......is that so?
I don't think so, per se. The way Larry put it was something like, when Hillerman shot his last Magnum episode he promised himself that he wouldn't do another appearance related to the show. Maybe it was just to make sure he forced himself to do more projects rather than living in the past. Maybe he was pissed about something. In this show, both Larry and Roger suggest that they (including Selleck) all got screwed out of residuals and merchandising. Sounds like they get little to nothing from reruns or dvd sales.
I could understand that as he would be promoting something that somebody else gets paid on. That being said, it was UNCOMMON for anyone but the studios to reap the rewards of syndication. That has certainly changed over time.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#144 Post by AmandaByNight »

My name was mentioned on Larry's show tonight!

They read a question I asked Roger about Paradise Blues (because I love that episode) and he said he hadn't been given a love interest and asked for one. He joked that it figured she'd get killed. No one could remember Chuck Mangione's (sp?) name. I was almost shouting it at my computer!

Anyway, that was kind of totally exciting! And much needed since everything else about today was crap!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

It's back to Hawaii for Larry !

#145 Post by N1095A »

"But Higgins, I can explain."

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#146 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Cool news.
They needed local consultants for the eps. as always. This time they have something called The Tiki Lounge. That is a generic descriptive title. Not a name of a place. A tiki lounge is what tourists ask for here. Should have been something like Moana's Tiki Lounge. or Kimo's Tiki Hut or something li'dat.
Pa'ani the ep title means play, sport, game, amusement, joke.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#147 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Posted last night on Larry's Facebook page: "Busily packing and getting ready to head to Hawaii this weekend to film my role in Hawaii Five-0 and the beautiful Jennifer Horn found this great article and sent it to Nancy. I am very excited to get out of this atypical Los Angeles rain and head to the sunny beaches of Hawaii!"

(the article is the one posted by N1095A).

I find this very exciting news. Good for Larry.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: It's back to Hawaii for Larry !

#148 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome! Heh, Nicky 'The Kid' Demarco. I bet Larry is super excited to belt out a Sinatra tune! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#149 Post by Steve »

You know the only drawback about this is any chance of bringing Magnum pi characters into the show is now gone. It would have been cool if they brought him in as Rick so there would be hope of other characters appearing...Still good news for Larry!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#150 Post by N1095A »

Steve wrote:You know the only drawback about this is any chance of bringing Magnum pi characters into the show is now gone. It would have been cool if they brought him in as Rick so there would be hope of other characters appearing...Still good news for Larry!
Kind of like NCIS. It would have been a great place to have TM show up except Dinozzo is a huge MPI freak in the show.
"But Higgins, I can explain."