The Larry Manetti Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#61 Post by Frodoleader »

Little Garwood wrote:
MrMoustache wrote:I just can't get into Emergency! I used to hate it actually. It was on before the after school shows used to come on and it was painful wait... :lol:
That darn show was the bane of after school TV! It was always on! The "acting" was so wooden, it made the cast of Dragnet look like Method actors doing A Streetcar Named Desire!

And Emergency! was omnipresent on TV Land back in the late 1990s, reminding me all over again how much I despised it.
It has been the 10 pm show on our local RTV network since forever! I wish they would get it out of rotation. I did not like it when it first aired and I do not like it now.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#62 Post by J.J. Walters »

A great (new) Larry Manetti podcast interview can be found here:

http://onscreenandbeyond.com/podcast/osb086LManetti.mp3

Aloha Magnum is being re-released. It's available from Larry's website for $25! It's also available in Europe for the first time.

Larry says he spoke to Hillerman a couple of months ago and he is willing to participate in a reunion show. :)
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#63 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:A great (new) Larry Manetti podcast interview can be found here:

http://onscreenandbeyond.com/podcast/osb086LManetti.mp3

Aloha Magnum is being re-released. It's available from Larry's website for $25! It's also available in Europe for the first time.

Larry says he spoke to Hillerman a couple of months ago and he is willing to participate in a reunion show. :)
Pretty cool. Not only does he say that Hillerman is into reprising his role as Higgins, but he also did his Bogart impression, "Of all the cheap gin joints..."

Higgins was a good 15 years older than John Hillerman. Hillerman was 47 when he got the role. My dad was a WWII vet born in 1919. He was in his early 60s in the 1980s. Higgins would now be close to 90. Hillerman though according to Manetti is 75. That's young. The logical side of me knows they won't do it [movie], but wouldn't it be cool?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#64 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hehe, Larry caddied for Frank Sinatra when he was 12-years old. :)

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#65 Post by Italian Ice »

Wow, that was an interesting interview. Good to hear that kind of news, sort of. I still say, do a press conference!
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#66 Post by Doc Ibold »

Well, just got my copy of "Aloha Magnum", and true to form, Larry autographed it!

Glad I didn't go on ebay and overpay!

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#67 Post by Kahunagirl »

I'm pretty sure I'm getting a copy for Xmas. Shortly after I strongly suggested it to my husband, I saw him writing out and mailing a check ... and he's "Mr. Paypal" Not long after that, a package that felt like a book arrived, addressed to him in longhand! My little voice is telling me that I may be seeing "Aloha Magnum" in just a few more days!

wdm
Vice Admiral

#68 Post by wdm »

Larry will be Robert Conrad's guest this week on his talk show. It is on CRN Digital Talk Radio. Larry will be on Thursday's show at 3:00 Pacific time.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#69 Post by Steve »

Larry was on Dennis Miller's radio show this afternoon. He was promotoing his book of course, but they didn't go into any detail about the show other than how they got Frank Sinatra on after attending one of his concerts in Hawaii. Most of the interview was about Larry's days on Baa Baa Black Sheep, the partying ways of Robert Conrad and John Larroquette and how Larry met Belisario when he became a writer on that show. Larry did say that he recently talked to Larroquette about them doing a Stage Play of Grumpy Old Men together...........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#70 Post by J.J. Walters »

Cool, thanks for the info Steve! Larry is really making the rounds of late. Wow, I had no idea John Larroquette was on Baa Baa, Black Sheep!

Someone emailed recently about the book. It has apparently gone up in price.

>> "The cost is now $39.95 and the delivery mail rate is $18! (3 to 4 week delivery)"

layne
Vice Admiral

#71 Post by layne »

Here's another radio interview with Larry from this week. Has a few new stories I hadn't heard. Larry talks about seeing Tom for the first time. He first saw Tom on the set of the Rockford Files...Larry was sitting in the cafeteria when everyone went silent and he looks up and sees this big immense figure standing in the doorway in a white suit and thinking this guy was "prettier than Elizabeth Taylor". lol

Also mentioned Don Ho was originally supposed to play Rick. Larry seems like such a good guy with a great sense of humor. Also seems like he knows everyone!

http://multimedia.play.it/m/audio/30169 ... anetti.htm

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by Frodoleader »

layne wrote:Here's another radio interview with Larry from this week. Has a few new stories I hadn't heard. Larry talks about seeing Tom for the first time. He first saw Tom on the set of the Rockford Files...Larry was sitting in the cafeteria when everyone went silent and he looks up and sees this big immense figure standing in the doorway in a white suit and thinking this guy was "prettier than Elizabeth Taylor". lol

Also mentioned Don Ho was originally supposed to play Rick. Larry seems like such a good guy with a great sense of humor. Also seems like he knows everyone!

http://multimedia.play.it/m/audio/30169 ... anetti.htm
OMG! I am glad Don Ho did not play Rick, cause I have a really bad Don Ho story! :shock:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

FalcOS
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#73 Post by FalcOS »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#74 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks for posting.

northshore
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#75 Post by northshore »

Larry's "Aloha Magnum" is available again... I got 7 copies at $20 per copy. He signed every one and was kind enough to write me a thank-you email for making the purchases. Not sure how many are still available but it appears you can still get them via the LarryManetti.com website. :D