The Larry Manetti Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#46 Post by Frodoleader »

I believe Black Sunday starred the late Robert Shaw (Jaws). It too may have been his last film role. The plot was very similar to Two Minute Warning.

...or maybe we have the two movies mixed up?
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#47 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I thought I remembered that!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#48 Post by J.J. Walters »

Black Sunday came out a year after Two-Minute Warning. Both are very, very similiar in terms of the plot. BS features a "terrorist gang", while TW is about a lone gunman. BS is generally considered to be the better movie.

I'm curious to see what version of Two-Minute Warning AMC will air; the original theatrical version, or the heavily edited down TV version.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#49 Post by N1095A »

I know I'm restating what we all know, but I just want to say for the record what a great and classy guy Mr. Manetti is. I've emailed him 3 maybe 4 times over the past couple of years with questions. He replied every time. Sometimes he didn't know the answer, or didn't remember, but he always replied. I got one such reply today. I asked in light of TS' statement about wanting to play TM again, did he think the chances were better that it would happen. His reply was that he hoped so, all of them would love to do it, and they were all on board. I hope that means Mr. Hillerman as well.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#50 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Mike, I'd love it if they were able to reprise their roles. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Squad 51, Magnum PI costar at Station 51.

#51 Post by N1095A »

"But Higgins, I can explain."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#52 Post by SelleckLover »

Holy Cow! Does he look young there or what?!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#53 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The years catch up with us all eventually!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#54 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, that's a young Manetti!

That show really knows how to drag on/milk an emergency scene, don't they. ;) I used to have a toy car of the red Paramedic Utility truck when I was a kid. Man, I loved that thing!

Every time I see Kevin Tighe (DeSoto) now I think - "Locke's dad" (Lost) - even though he's been in a ton of stuff over the years.

Thanks for the link Mike.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#55 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I had that same truck James. I loved Emergency when I was a kid.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#56 Post by Italian Ice »

Larry Manetti was on BSG? I had no idea! And there's the real Starbuck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPT_2Pz ... re=related
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#57 Post by Frodoleader »

I saw Jeff McKay on (the original) BSG also.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

MrMoustache
Commander

#58 Post by MrMoustache »

I just can't get into Emergency! I used to hate it actually. It was on before the after school shows used to come on and it was painful wait... :lol:

Anyway, since most of this thread was about asking Larry questions I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, no offense to anyone :)

The fact that Larry actually answers emails and is patient is awesome :) That's just the info@larry..com address right? BTW or is it another? I'd eventually like to write him myself :)

But anyway I have a background in productions and was even a "creature feature" type host here in Tampa for a summer many moons ago.. but I do know, it's difficult for most people to recall specific details about a plot or something mostly because you get shuffled around so much and the scenes are filmed out of sequence. TV acting is quite different from stage acting in that it's not linear, whereas the stage actor has a clear understanding of the plot and character development as well as motivation, since it's a linear production, the TV actor doesn't and the director has an extra hard job of having to convey all that to the actors when everything is filmed out of it's natural flow and also because it changes from week to week and they only film each episode once.

Most actors that i've come across rarely watch their work outside of self critique either. there's also other factors involved.. like MPI looked like a well funded series, but you take something like ST:TOS, which was on a shoestring budget and that brought the different elements of production into much closer contact whereas in MPI, it looks like they weren't that much.

MrMoustache
Commander

#59 Post by MrMoustache »

I found Larry Manetti on facebook (not really hard), is it really him?

I wouldn't think so.. but I would have thought facebook wouldn't have allowed fan "placeholder" sorts of pages, at least using the persons real name. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure..

I gave him an add, we'll see.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by Little Garwood »

MrMoustache wrote:I just can't get into Emergency! I used to hate it actually. It was on before the after school shows used to come on and it was painful wait... :lol:
That darn show was the bane of after school TV! It was always on! The "acting" was so wooden, it made the cast of Dragnet look like Method actors doing A Streetcar Named Desire!

And Emergency! was omnipresent on TV Land back in the late 1990s, reminding me all over again how much I despised it.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck