The Larry Manetti Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#31 Post by SelleckLover »

I just caught Larry on an episode of "Tales from the Dark Side" on the Sci-Fi Channel. It was originally aired in 1985. I find it kind of interesting that he did this at the height of Magnum popularity. Maybe he owed the producer a favor or something...just thought I'd share. :D

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#32 Post by golfmobile »

If anyone is still looking for Larry's book and would prefer to pay less than its apparently "going" price of around $65-70, check this one out on eBay:

Aloha Magnum

It's an ARC (Advance Review Copy), so it doesn't have the cover art that the published book has, but it would be a rarer one to find, I would think, and quite a coup in collector's terms, perhaps. Hopefully everyone bidding doesn't think of that so maybe if there's someone here who wants it, you could get it for less than the current prices it's been bringing in published form. It's at $21.50 right now when I checked. But better bid quickly -- it ends in less than 10 hours.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#33 Post by Doc Ibold »

golfmobile wrote:If anyone is still looking for Larry's book and would prefer to pay less than its apparently "going" price of around $65-70, check this one out on eBay:

Aloha Magnum

It's an ARC (Advance Review Copy), so it doesn't have the cover art that the published book has, but it would be a rarer one to find, I would think, and quite a coup in collector's terms, perhaps. Hopefully everyone bidding doesn't think of that so maybe if there's someone here who wants it, you could get it for less than the current prices it's been bringing in published form. It's at $21.50 right now when I checked. But better bid quickly -- it ends in less than 10 hours.

golf
Son of a......

Someone is REALLY gunning for this one. I keep getting outbid. Hopefully its someone from the forums, else I'm REALLY annoyed!

:wink:

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by MPS »

Has anyone purchased Aloha Magnum from Monument Entertainment?

http://www.monumentvideo.com/d_book_aloha_magnum.html

The price seems to good to be true. :? I'm wondering if it is still in stock.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#35 Post by ConchRepublican »

I inquired about it but they never got back to me.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by MPS »

ConchRepublican wrote:I inquired about it but they never got back to me.
They haven't gotten back to me yet, either. Of course, it's been all of 4 or 5 hours. If I hear anything positive, I'll be sure to let people know. Thanks for the information.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#37 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That is a decent price. I'll be interested to see what you guys find out.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by Sam »

I haven't seen this posted before,it's a 1999 interview with Manetti and is actually quite good.Most of what I've read and the Manetti interviews I've heard,he always comes off as brash and cocky but not here.It is 45 minutes in length.

http://www.peteranthonyholder.com/manetti.ram

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Miss Q »

hmmm, didnt work for me...
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Artie Canoe
Captain

#40 Post by Artie Canoe »

You do need Real Media Player (if you don't have it)
"I forgot my loincloth and spear." - Luther H. Gillis

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#41 Post by J.J. Walters »

Two-Minute Warning, a 1976 thriller about a mad sniper on the loose in a football stadium, will be airing on AMC on 3/16, 4/5, 4/6, and 4/10. Larry Manetti has a small role in this one as a SWAT Team member.

This is one of the more famous "disaster" movies of the '70s. It's been on my "list of movies to see" for quite a long time. It features a great cast of Charlton Heston, Beau Bridges, Martin Balsam, John Cassavetes, Gena Rowlands, Jack Klugman, Brock Peters, and Walter Pidgeon (in one of his last roles). A young, uncredited Branscombe Richmond even makes an appearance.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#42 Post by rubber chicken »

Thanks James, sounds interesting. I see that netflix has it so I'll be getting the dvd, I'm never sure what what tv stations (other than TCM) have done to edit for time, & censor language etc. I like to see the same movie that people saw in theaters when first released.

How are you going about learning that Mosley, Manetti etc. are going to be on tv? Do you search a tv schedule site?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#43 Post by golfmobile »

RC,

With DirecTV, you can search by Title, Person, Channel, Keyword. For example, when I've put in "Tom Selleck," it'll record Mr. Baseball, Her Alibi, Las Vegas, the basebal documentaries he's done the commentary on, etc. -- but it doesn't seem to pick up talk shows with him as a guest for just a few minutes, unfortunately (so I missed all his promo spots for Thin Ice). I don't know if it will find the names in ANY movie the person ever appeared in -- e.g., I don't know if it would pick up John Hillerman in At Long Last Love (haven't ever searched for a supporting character's name), but it might (well, I just did a search for Charles Durning [usually a supporting role], and it caught his appearance in The Sting, among others, so apparently it will catch supporting roles. However, since it found that, I just did a search for Larry Manetti and Roger Mosley and nothing came up -- but that could be because nothing is coming on in the next 14 days with them in it.). Don't most DVRs have this capability? I don't know about TiVo or Comcast, since, obviously, we have DTV.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#44 Post by J.J. Walters »

I usually just use the IMDB. Actors pages usually display a list of upcoming TV shows and/or movies that they will be appearing in. Not sure how long out it checks, though. Probably only a couple of weeks at most.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#45 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

James, wasn't there a similar movie called Black Sunday, or am I thinking of something else?