Tom's new movie "Five Killers"

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

layne
Vice Admiral

Tom's new movie "Five Killers"

#1 Post by layne »

Tom's in a new movie according to the Hollywood Reporter. Filming starts this month...

Tom Selleck falls victim to 'Five Killers'

March 23, 2009, 11:34 PM ET
Tom Selleck, Catherine O'Hara and Martin Mull have joined the cast of "Five Killers," a Lionsgate action comedy that stars Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl.

The project is being directed by Robert Luketic ("21"). Filming starts this month in France and Atlanta for a June 4, 2010, release.

The story follows a hitman (Kutcher) at the top of his game who falls for a computer tech (Heigl) and decides to hang up his guns. Years later, their suburban bliss is ruptured when he finds out there's a hit out on him, forcing him and his spooked wife to go on the run.

Selleck and O'Hara will play Heigl's overprotective father and adoring mother. Mull will play Holbrook, Kutcher's handler.

Bob DeRosa wrote the original screenplay, with additional work by Ted Griffin.

Scott Aversano is producing with Katalyst Films' Jason Goldberg. Mike Karz, Josie Rosen, Christopher Pratt and Chad Marting are executive producing.

Selleck, repped by CAA and manager Bettye McCartt, most recently starred in the CBS TV movie, "Jesse Stone: Thin Ice," and had regular roles on "Las Vegas" and "Boston Legal." His latest big-screen turns were in "The Love Letter" and "In & Out."

O'Hara, repped by ICM and Brillstein Grey Entertainment, most recently appeared in "For Your Consideration" and "Penelope." She provided one of the voices for the forthcoming Spike Jonze-Dave Eggers collaboration "Where the Wild Things Are."

Mull, who is repped by Gersh and Anonymous Content, has recently appeared on "Two and a Half Men" and "American Dad." His feature credits include "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Mr. Mom

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Great! Another movie with Tom. I'll be looking forward to this.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#3 Post by Agatha »

This sounds like an interesting plot! Of course, I like it better when Mr Tom is the lead but, as long as it's well done, I'll like it! Maybe SOMEBODY is noticing our guy more because of the Jesse Stone movies, do you think? I hope!! I've always liked Martin Mull.

Thanks for the heads up, layne! OK...so if they start filming in a month when will it actually be OUT?

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Sam »

Hi Agatha..according to this article it won't be released until June 0f 2010.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/03/tom-selleck-cat.html

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#5 Post by Agatha »

So let's see...that's Jesse Stone: No Remorse late in 2009 and Five Killers mid 2010. A long time between "Selleck-fusions" but I'll live...because I have my DVDs to keep me going!

Thanks, Sam!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

Oh, this sounds really good! Good to see Selleck returning to the big screen! I'm also a huge Catherine O'Hara fan.

But this also means the MPI TV movie with the original cast will be delayed. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#7 Post by Agatha »

That's OK by me!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is going to be Selleck's first appearance on the big screen since 1999's The Love Letter (not counting his voice work on Meet the Robinsons)!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

James, I believe you are correct. I thought I read that the other day.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

Well, you all may find this interesting -- I just got called to be an extra!!!! For the Ashton Kutcher movie, "5 Killers," now filming in Atlanta. But it was for Larry and me for this afternoon. Technically, I could get off work, but Larry can't, so I had to say no for this time (I think they wanted both of us, but I didn't think to ask specifically since the lady just asked if "we" could do it today).

But perhaps it is a good sign that "they" (the casting agency) liked our looks enough to call us at all (I had emailed the picture of us in front of the Byoto In temple). Of course, with this short notice, they could have just been desperate for warm bodies . . . . .

But I think TS isn't here yet, if he's coming here at all. AK is here, but I don't want to risk wasting my "extra-ness" on AK when there's a chance to do it with TS. KnowwhatImean?

Now that I've typed all that . . . . I think I made the wrong decision. I guess I should have pinned down whether she could use just one of us.

[pause to think]

No, I'm not changing my mind after all. . . . . I want to be an extra in a TS scene, not just any scene. Lordy, I'm picky, aren't I?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Sam »

That's cool Golf,
If you get a future opportunity and Larry can't make it,let me know,I'll come down and be your husband for the day. :)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#12 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Golf, Maybe you can go down there and tell them that you'll be an extra, but only for scenes that involve TS!

layne
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by layne »

golfmobile wrote:But I think TS isn't here yet, if he's coming here at all. AK is here, but I don't want to risk wasting my "extra-ness" on AK when there's a chance to do it with TS. KnowwhatImean?

golf
That's awesome! You and Larry obviously have the "look" they want! I agree with you, I don't think TS is there yet and you did the right thing. They'll call you again and it WILL be for scenes with our guy. Stay positive golf!

Here's a link of pics from the director's twitters...

http://twitpic.com/photos/robluketic

He usually posts a few new pics everyday. Some are personal pics and others are actually taken while on the set and it doesn't appear TS is in any of the resent pics yet.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#14 Post by Agatha »

Pretty exciting, golf!! Hope you get another call...when Tom's in town!!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Steve »

Very cool, Golf. Even if TS doesn't come to shoot scenes in ATL, it would be fascinating to be on a Movie set and watch all of the intensive labor it takes to set up a shot.Just remember to do something to get you noticed. I recall Vince Vaughn telling a story about when he was an extra in a movie where he played a cab driver with no speaking parts but wanted to be "noticed". He flipped on the light underneath the rear view mirror so his face would be lit up when they started shooting.........