Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Miss Q »

"Todays reading start with Arthur Adams of 5 White Drive in Memphis, TN...."

Works for me.....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#33 Post by golfmobile »

Let's all send him our phone books with all the pages torn out but the ones with ours names on them -- so we can hear him say our names and phone numbers.

Be still, my heart!

golf :wink:
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#34 Post by SelleckLover »

YEAH!!! :D I could drive them by and leave them in his mail box! LOL

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Miss Q »

I was in San Diego over the summer on vacation with friends... I brought a set of mapquest directions from the hotel to TS's house, a mear 3-1/2 hours away... Hey, I live on the East coast, 3-1/2 hours isnt bad.. Anyway I couldnt find the time to sneak away for the day and stake out his driveway... of course in reality I would just drive by and be happy to have scene his mailbox...

Maybe next year....

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by MPS »

Does anyone know exactly where TS lives in Thousand Oaks? My husband and I lived in Westlake Village, which is next to TO, for about a year and the locals said he lived in the Hidden Valley section. I would drive around, hoping to catch a glimpse of him, but never did. It would be great to take a ride up there again if I knew which place was his. :)
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

SelleckLover

#37 Post by SelleckLover »

I've driven by his ranch several times and you can't see anything from the road. Lots of vegetation and trees at the entrance and along the fence. But it was still fun to go by and just look. I don't want to say here exactly where he lives because I respect his desire for privacy and if I do, won't it be in cyberspace like...FOREVER?!

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by MPS »

I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. It would be in cyberspace forever. He probably moved out that far to avoid large numbers of fans driving by. Only the truly dedicated will find the ranch. :)
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Miss Q »

Besides MPS, you know how it goes....

If we told you, we would have to kill you... <wink>

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by sophia »

You can find his place on the computer with a little investigation.
I don't blame him for wanting his privacy,I heard people even steal his mail. I guess thats why he has all the foliage.
Sellecklover, wasn't it you who said you wouldn't want to meet TS.
I would love to talk with him. Here's a question?
If you could spend one hour with Tom Selleck, what would you talk about.
I'll even have to think about that one.
I know baseball would come up, but I don't think one hour would be enough time.
Oh well. :lol:

SelleckLover

#41 Post by SelleckLover »

Wow, Sophia...that's a great question. If I hypothetically could spend one hour with our hero, I would probably be so star-struck I wouldn't be able to speak! I've had the experience of being behind a celebrity waiting for a ride at Disneyland once, and I was so tongue-tied I could barely speak. (BTW, the celebrity was Harry Hamlin at the height of his L. A. Law stardom. He was really nice.) :D

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by sophia »

Sellecklover
I think I would have the same problem.
I would like to talk with him about Magnum, I wonder how much he would remember alfter all these years.
Baseball, like I said before, would be a good topic.
I read today Tom will appear in a movie with Steven Segal that will come out in 2009, I forget the title. Have you heard anything about this.
Next time you drive by Tom's place, don't slow down, they may think your stealing their mail. :lol: :lol:

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#43 Post by IslandHopper »

sophia wrote:I read today Tom will appear in a movie with Steven Segal that will come out in 2009, I forget the title. Have you heard anything about this.
I haven't heard anything about this, but if it has Steven Segal in it, its got to have the word "Death," "Dead," or "Kill" in it. :lol:
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#44 Post by Doc Ibold »

IslandHopper wrote:
sophia wrote:I read today Tom will appear in a movie with Steven Segal that will come out in 2009, I forget the title. Have you heard anything about this.
I haven't heard anything about this, but if it has Steven Segal in it, its got to have the word "Death," "Dead," or "Kill" in it. :lol:
Or "Suck"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#45 Post by J.J. Walters »

Whoa, this may be true. A couple of blurbs can be found about the movie on the net, including this from Tom's wikipedia page....
In film, he will be seen in the Direct-to-DVD sci-fi Destroyer of Souls, set to be released in 2009, directed by Albert Pyun and starring Steven Seagal, Charles Durning, and Lorenzo Lamas.
:shock:

Destroyer of Souls?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!