Selleck, Manetti & Mosley - Together Again!

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#16 Post by Shermy »

As far as I'm concerned, this *is* the Magnum P.I. reunion we've all been waiting for. Kudos to Selleck for finding a way to put it together all by himself. And I'm sure if Hillerman wants in, Selleck won't hesitate to accommodate him. (In which case, an "Oh my God!" is a must!)

I also wonder if this will effectively kill any chance of the studio getting Selleck to cameo in a Magnum film- which he's already stated he doesn't want to do anyway. I can almost see him explaining his decision with, "We didn't need the Magnum remake...we made our own." :lol:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#17 Post by golfmobile »

I agree with shermy!!!! And if Manetti was correct (and not just wishful thinking) that he and Roger will be appearing in several episodes -- well, that's just great! I just hope it MIGHT be possible that, if ratings really jump for those episodes that all three are in, maybe the producers would realize that it's due to an influx of MPI fans watching to see the MPI actors and then they might consider making Larry and Roger permanent supporting characters -- to keep us MPI fans hooked. I'd buy into it, I'll bet. I've never watched LV, but I will this year because of TS and this "unofficial" MPI reunion. And I do hope they have a few helicopter scenes with TC's companies on LV. Heck, it's okay with me if MPI themes take over the whole show and it becomes "Magnum - Las Vegas"!!

So if the LV folks have any sense, they'll keep all three around to increase revenue by getting more advertisers because more people will be watching, etc., etc.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#18 Post by Doc Ibold »

I would consider this a quasi-reunion as well.

I WOULD make sense to have all of them appear on a semi-regular basis, although I don't know about REGULAR characters (but if they did, I wouldn't argue!)

I think it would be cool if they could get Hillerman out of retirement for 1 or 2 episodes (unless he has some sort of health problem that prevents him from doing so)

From what I could tell, Manetti and Mosely have help up pretty well and still pretty much look the same (save Mosely with the shaved head).

I actually think I'll give it a look as well. When's LV on, anyway?

(I almost forgot about the Rosie NRA thing. I have to say TS handled it with class then and now, since we know that Rosie has had tirades with a bunch of other people besides TS. What I LOVED at the time was that everyone was pretty much universally with TS when Rosie went off on him, even given the fact that the NRA is a pretty touchy subject with some people, both then and now).

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Miss Q »

On a side note...

The only thing that irks me is Mosley's current friendship with OJ....

If it were me I would not be associated with that man, but I guess that would make him a true freind not to give up the relationship.
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#20 Post by Doc Ibold »

Does he actually still hang out with OJ?

Only thing that I've ever seen was that they were golf buddies on IMDB, but I'm not sure if thats still current since '94.

Plus, given the "Ron Wood" fiasco, I'm not sure they update things like that very often, Wikipedia is also less than reliable, as I could go in there and say whatever I wanted.

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#21 Post by Shermy »

Doc Ibold wrote:Plus, given the "Ron Wood" fiasco, I'm not sure they update things like that very often, Wikipedia is also less than reliable, as I could go in there and say whatever I wanted.
"The Ron Wood fiasco"! :lol:

It's actually kind've scary how many people take those sites at face value. I meet people all the time who are surprised that wikipedia has provided them with inaccurate information. I guess most just assume it's a real encyclopedia or something. :shock:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#22 Post by golfmobile »

Well, as long as we're on this "together again" subject matter, I thought I would let you know that Magnum G.I. has been joined by HIS Rick and TC:

Note that TC is wearing his usual suspenders AND belt. These suspenders are light yellow, though the flash rather bleaches out the color. Should I give him red ones instead? And I hope you are properly impressed with his Island Hoppers logo on his T-shirt. That didn't take as long as I thought it would to make it.

I still don't have a Ferrari for MGI (layne's RC one she sent me, bless her heart, was too small), nor a helicopter for TC (though Mattel makes one that I could use for TC, once I paint it, but I have to come up with the $50-60 to buy it): (click on the picture to link to the eBay auction)
ImageCould Be TC's Chopper

ImageDifferent Views, Different Auction

nor a Higgins (but I'm working on him too). (Again, click on the picture for the link.)

Potential HigginsImage

Don't you think that would be the clever-est Higgins?!

So that's what I have in the meantime. Also still need a lot of props to re-create a MGI version of the show introduction video, but things are in the works -- it just takes time to GET everything I need. (though Larry is beginning to give me a little grief about spending all this money on MGI . . . . )

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#23 Post by Shermy »

I love "Potential Higgins". :lol:

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#24 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

All three look very much like the real versions. Love TC's shirt.

Potential Higgins is very amusing.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

layne
Vice Admiral

#25 Post by layne »

Wow. Just wow!

Fantastic job on these! They all look great...love TC's Island Hopper's shirt, Rick has the perfectly coiffed hair, and that totally looks like Higgins. You wouldn't even have to change his outfit. It already looks like something Higgins would wear! That doll looks more like Higgins than it does Rhett Butler!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#26 Post by golfmobile »

Oh, yes, just one more little detail. MGI now has his manly chest hair!

-- Thanks to Sundance -- remember the cat who was attacking his feet? MGI got back at him by stepping on the hair of his tail as he walked away -- ta-da! Chest hair! (No, he didn't really hurt him.)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Miss Q »

Excellent Job !!!!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#28 Post by SelleckLover »

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!!! Wow, golf! You really outdid yourself this time! Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#29 Post by golfmobile »

Thanks, guys! Your encouragement and generous reception of my efforts is what keeps me going.

I'm going to be working on Higgins this weekend, plus some other costumes for Rick, who doesn't have much distinctive clothing, ya know?

And, yes, I WAS very lucky to find the GI Joe with that distinctive "hairdo" arrangement for Rick! I thought it looked as though it had possibilities when I saw the action figure (can't say "doll," I guess) when I saw it on eBay, but I was delighted when I saw it in person, though technically this 12" GI Joe is too tall for Rick (hence, his kneeling position). But I'll just put everyone else up on a block when I photograph them together so he looks an inch or so shorter than Magnum GI and TC GI. Higgins GI will have to be on TWO blocks so he's still shorter than Rick but a lot shorter than Magnum and TC!

I'm very eager to work on the videos to recreate the show intro, but I still need a few more props. As I get things in place, I'll "feed" 'em to you in WIP ("work in progress") steps -- or I might save everything till I have a completed project. But I couldn't resist displaying Rick and TC -- I was just so pleased with how they looked. I just REALLY want the GI Joe/Ultimate Soldier helicopter . . . . .

Stay tuned!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#30 Post by golfmobile »

One more teaser for you -- Higgins!

Still consider this a "work in progress" but I wanted to let you see a preview of who will be appearing in future dioramas.

golf
"Portside, buddy."