Anyone ever met any of the cast?

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Waltstasz
Admiral

Anyone ever met any of the cast?

#1 Post by Waltstasz »

I haven't been fortuante enough to meet any of the cast. Has anyone else met a cast member and want to share the story?
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Nope, wish I had.

In fact, the only "celebrities" I've ever "met" face-to-face are Dan Haggerty (Grizzly Adams) and Walter Koenig (Chekov in Star Trek) at a 'World of Wheels' car show back in the early 80s. They must be the only autographs I have, as well.

:?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Gritty
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by Gritty »

Met some celebs here and there, being from NY you do bump into some if you're at the right places. Seeing John Lennon walking past me with Yoko when I was a wee Gritty in the late 70's and 80's is a memorable one.

But along the lines of Magnum, I used to hang at a great local joint and one of my friend's was a spitfire of a bartender and we used to watch Magnum at 12:00 in the morning when they had it on the USA network and there was nobody in the place. We were both Tom Selleck fans - she just plain had the hots for him the dirty redheaded married broad. We were all close at this joint and knew each other well.

This Redhead is a very close friend to Barbara Walters personal assistant meaning she'd get invited to great galas and premieres. She had gone to the "In and Out" movie premiere and actually met Selleck and shook hands with him and was able to interact for a few seconds.... the first thing out of her mouth as she tells me cause she's a bit of wiseass is... "Gritty says hi."

She made me laugh my you know what off. She was the best and is still a wiseass.

Gritty

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Danno »

My parents were visiting Hawaii back in 1981/82 and watched them film part of an episode on the beach. I don't know which one though... a bit of a long shot, I know... :lol:
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Miss Q »

I was fortunate enough to see him on broadway on 2001, but he as stache-less :?

It wasn't all that bad, he walks onto the stage in the first scene in his boxers :D
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

eeyore
Admiral

#6 Post by eeyore »

I saw TC from a distance in 1986, he was in the Indianapolis 500 parade that lapped the speedway before the race started. Jim Varney was in it too. Know What I Mean Vern?

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by Jeffrey »

No, never met one of them. I don't think i ever will.. :(

I did meet Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz, Face and Murdock from The A-Team. That was on a Tv convention here in Holland.
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

Loach
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#8 Post by Loach »

When my wife and I went on our honeymoon to England in 2000, we stayed in a little B&B in the lake district. Both of us could swear that the lady that played Agatha was staying there at the same time! She looked the same, talked the same, and many of the mannerisms were the same. Too bad I can't remember the her name when her husband introduced themselves. We all had a great chat in the small pub in the B&B after dinner with the other guests. Her husband even bought us a round for being newlyweds! 8)

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by lutherhgillis »

This is a stretch but its as good as I can do. Some friends of my parents lived in Honolulu during the years MPI was in production. One day they received a knock on their door and it was someone from the MPI crew asking for permission to use their driveway. After signing papers, a camera crew began setting up and eventually a Selleck look-alike drove into their driveway in the red Ferrari, turned around, and left. That was it.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#10 Post by IslandHopper »

Do you know if that shot was actually used in any of the episodes, or in what year it took place?
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by lutherhgillis »

IH:

As far as I know it was never used or it was edited out for syndication. It was early on in the series and I have not found anything that matched what I remember about the instance by watching the DVDs. I guess it landed on the floor of the editing room.

LHG