Stephen J. Cannell

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Stephen J. Cannell

#1 Post by KENJI »

I just heard that Stephen J. Cannell passed away at 69 from complications with melanoma.
What a loss!!!!!

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#2 Post by Mavrick »

What a sad thing if you want to see more about it, http://www.cannell.com/
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Wow. That sucks. I was a big A-Team fan back in the day.

He actually seemed like a super cool guy. If anyone has seen the Bring Back... episode on the A-Team, he responds really well to being ambushed and he even digs out some old A-Team props including B.A.'s gold chains!

Sad.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

If you saw the Biography piece on Selleck he seemed to be a friend and mentor to Tom. Our retro station here in Chicago is paying tribute to him Saturday with a marathon of his shows playing all day..........

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#5 Post by Mavrick »

Steve wrote:If you saw the Biography piece on Selleck he seemed to be a friend and mentor to Tom. Our retro station here in Chicago is paying tribute to him Saturday with a marathon of his shows playing all day..........
Very cool I want a retro station, thats very cool
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Northern_Union
Lieutenant Commander

#6 Post by Northern_Union »

RIP, sad sad news indeed.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#7 Post by Pahonu »

Very sad indeed. I loved The Rockford Files. Does anyone remember the short-lived detective series Tenspeed and Brownshoe? He wrote that also and I thought it was brilliant. Jeff Goldbloom was great as the wide-eyed accountant turned gumshoe with romantic visions of the profession. His partner Ben Vereen was also great as the realist, con-man type. Too bad it didn't even last a full season. I remember at the time liking the show even more than Rockford which had just ended.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#8 Post by Italian Ice »

Man, I just found about this now. What a shame considering the resurgence of some of the shows he created like the A-Team. I can only hope there will still be talks about a GAH movie or something.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "