Just for fun.

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Just for fun.

#1 Post by N1095A »

If you could sit down for a one on one conversation with any member of the cast, and could ask them anything you wanted, Who would it be and what would you ask?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#2 Post by SelleckLover »

This is a very good, thought provoking question that I have never thought about in the past. But I think I would like to have a conversation with Mr. Selleck himself, but then again maybe not. I would have to ask myself if I would be disappointed afterwards, with him possibly not living up to my expectations that I've built up in my mind for the last 30 years or so! Or would I like to have a conversation with the other cast members, to find out what TS is REALLY like? I would also have to ask myself, if I did have a conversation with other cast members, would they be telling me the truth? I have about a billion more questions, so I think that I would NOT want to have a conversation with TS or any cast members! I think that I would just want to just stay here and live on Planet SelleckLover, and enjoy this web site! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! :D

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#3 Post by golfmobile »

Renee,

I'm with you! I fear my expectations of what/who TS really is -- if I ever really got to talk with him --might disappoint me. But let's say it doesn't and . . . . I get to do an interview. I suppose I could always ask him about Hannah and her riding and get him going with enthusiasm, but this may be a situation where the anticipation or hope might be more rewarding than the actuality.

To try to answer the question, ideally, I'd love to be sitting out on the patio/front yard at the Anderson estate, talking with Selleck, Hillerman, Moseley, and Manetti and just talking about out-takes (WHEN is Universal going to put THESE on DVD? I'd buy it in a heartbeat!) and flubs and memorable scenes or practical jokes - just what made this as special for them as it did for us as watchers -- a sort of talk-show-host type interview -- I get to be the talk show host! Throw in some of the things that appeal to us especially and get their take on the "making of" those moments. Plus I'd love to ask about all the helicopter shots and the "making of" those. I'm a helicopter groupie and I can't imagine how these guys could have spent so much time, supposedly in a helicopter, and NOT get hooked on helicopter flying (which was the episode when TC was trying to teach TSM to fly?). And did their eight years in Hawaii just ruin Hawaii for them? I LOVE Hawaii! But then I wasn't "stuck" there for eight years. Why don't each of them at least own a vacation home there?

Then maybe a one-on-one with TS to ask the same kind of questions about QDU and other movies or TV shows he's done. And then touch on his day-to-day life when he's not actively involved in a project. Does he ride his horses regularly? Where does he go when he rides? Does he ride English as Hannah does? Does Jillie ride? Can we continue the interview at his avocado ranch and will he show me his collection of vintage tack? Will he take me for a ride around his ranch where he rides? Interview on horseback . . . .

Ideally . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

Golf,
I believe I can answer a couple of the questions you have, by the information that I have from an article from Western Horseman Magazine, July 2005, issue. He rides western, and he has anywhere from 6 to 10 horses on his ranch at any given time. He rides Spike and this other horses on his 54 acre ranch. He also owns 12 dogs, according to this article. I also have another interview that I printed off the internet somewhere, where he was being interviewed with Robert B. Parker (the creator of Jesse Stone). TS talks about his hunting dogs and how he spent $12,000 in Vet bills saving one of them that got bitten by a rattle snake! Any person that would spend that much money on a dog is all right in my book!! :D