The Larry Manetti Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#76 Post by wwmd »

I bought two. I gave one to a fellow Magnum fan for his birthday. Larry's great.

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#77 Post by Sam »

Manetti is in San Diego signing autographs.22nd - 25th.

Larry Manetti, actor (BaaBaa Black Sheep, Magnum PI) Thursday AA16 2:30 pm - 7:00 pm Friday AA24 10:00 am - 2:30 pm Saturday AA30 10:00 am - 2:30 pm Sunday AA26 10:00 am - 1:30 pm

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_autographs_ind.php

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#78 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks for posting the Comic-Con link, Sam. I was seriously thinking about going because San Diego is so close to me (about 1 1/2 hours drive). The only bad thing is that Comic-Con is SOLD OUT! (I guess I should have known!) :D

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#79 Post by Sam »

Hi SL..
Sorry,I didn't notice that it was sold out...You can watch this page for returned memberships but as of now..nothing available...Good Luck.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.php#scalpers

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#80 Post by SelleckLover »

That's OK Sam. No big deal! I really should have predicted that an event such as Comic-Con would be sold out, probably months (possibly years?) in advance. It would have been nice to shake hands with Larry, he seems like a nice person. Since I've had 3 heart attacks since 2007, I kind of have a literal, "for real" Bucket List that I'm trying to get done! :D :D

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by AmandaByNight »

Ack! My fiance was at Comic-con! We didn't know. Also Dirk Benedict was there and we didn't know that either! I would have gone!

However, he did get Jim Kelly from Enter the Dragon to talk to me on the phone. No. Joke. I coulda died.

I'm a big Larry fan. Back in the late 80s I crushed pretty hard on him and wrote him a letter and a few weeks later I got an autographed photo! It's a prized possession. I even wrote a really bad script for the show, and it was centered on Larry. It was a bit like Distant Relative I think...

He's so wonderful. I've toyed with emailing him, but I'd get all red if he wrote back. He's so awesome! I could giggle right now!

Larry was a lot of fun to watch on Magnum. He was a great sidekick because like TC he seemed like a real person. I loved the chemistry they all shared.

Has anyone here seen The Girl Most Likely To... It's a TV movie from the very early 70s and Larry has a small part with the actor who played Jon from CHiPs! Hawt! It's a great little movie starring Stockard Channing and Ed Asner. I highly recommend it.

Awww Larry, I love you! I'm so glad to hear he's responding to everyone. How cool is he?

Northern_Union
Lieutenant Commander

#82 Post by Northern_Union »

I've always thought that Larry has a passing resemblance Ray Liotta. The picture at the top of Larrys first web pages looks a lot like Ray i think.

http://www.larrymanetti.com/

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#83 Post by zebra3 »

I don't know, he sort of looks like Larry Manetti to me. And that was an interesting story amandabynight

Anybody selling his book?
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#84 Post by Mavrick »

I happened to come across this and I hope i did not do something that has been done befor I thought this was very cool I must get this book

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoqxSNTf ... re=related

this only part one the other part is in the Suggestions part of you tube
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

magnummanetti
Ensign

Larry Manetti's Facebook page!

#85 Post by magnummanetti »

Larry Manetti has opened his facebook page to the public and this one is the real thing!

Go to http://www.facebook.com/TheRealLarryManetti and hit the "like" button to post directly on the page and communicate with Mr. Manetti!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#86 Post by N1095A »

"But Higgins, I can explain."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by Steve »

Thanks for posting this and the Roger Mosley interview. It is bordering on criminal that nothing is being done to bring the original cast together................Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday LM.............

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#88 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, thanks Mike! :)

Interesting to hear Larry say that Tom is still interested in the movie. And Branscombe never ages, does he.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

From Larry's facebook page...

#89 Post by N1095A »

Is this John Laroquette wearing an Al's muffler cap?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#90 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hmm, can't quite tell. I would be cool if it was!

Here's a great (one-hour) interview with Larry Manetti that aired last year on John Aberle's radio show in Philadelphia. John emailed me about it and said he is a huge Magnum fan (which you can tell due his enthusiasm and comments in the interview). He's even made the pilgrimage to the Estate! :)

http://insidementalhealth.podomatic.com ... 1_33-08_00
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!