The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#526 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Actually it is on a few threads around here it just doesn't have it's own thread as far as I know. I think the Jesse Stone thread mentions and the Tom one in cast.

Carmen
MPI

#527 Post by Carmen »

Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

layne
Vice Admiral

#528 Post by layne »

New pics of Tom and new cast members from CBS upfronts.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Searc ... &p=selleck#

Clip of Tom's new show.

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/05/19/cb ... ii-five-o/

Guess it's got a new name...Blue Bloods and it'll air on Friday nights. :shock:

It was described as "through the roof" when tested with audiences, but Friday is a tough timeslot. Guess they think TS will bring an audience no matter what night you put him on.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#529 Post by wdm »

It seems TS is really going to be busy and that his star is on the rise. Killers this Friday, Blue Bloods this fall, maybe a Three Men sequel, and more Jesse Stone. TS is everywhere. With this popularity wouldn't a Magnum movie with the original cast seem more likely? There are some new youtube videos at the Killers premiere of TS and Jillie!!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#530 Post by SelleckLover »

I'm on my way to see Killers. I'll let you guys know how it was when I get back! :D

wdm
Vice Admiral

#531 Post by wdm »

I will be off to "The Killers" tonight also!! It will be so good to see TS on the big screen again. I remember going to see "High Road to China" twice as a teenager. That is when I knew I had to grow a mustache!!

SelleckLover

#532 Post by SelleckLover »

Well, I'm back from seeing Killers! I won't say too much about it as to not spoil it for those that will be seeing it in the future. What I will say is if you like car chases, explosions and exotic locations this is the movie for you. TS plays Katherine Heigl's father, and there is a recurring theme through this movie...TS's mustache, believe it or not! TS has a pretty big part in this movie -- I thought we'd just get to see him a little bit in the beginning and at the end -- but not so! If you want to see Ashton Kutcher in beef-cakey sort of shots and Katherine Heigl in various stages of undress you'll see that too. All in all I'd give it a B+ for the comedic parts of the script but it was a little bit predictable until the end when there are a few surprises. I'd say it was worth the $12 I paid to get in. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. **** :D

wdm
Vice Admiral

#533 Post by wdm »

SL, I would agree with your review. It was great to see TS on the big screen. I loved the movie and he was great.

SelleckLover

#534 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks for the input wdm...^5 :D

SelleckLover

#535 Post by SelleckLover »

ATTENTION Selleck lovers!!!!!!! Imagine my surprise when I opened my front door and picked up my issue of the Sunday Los Angeles Times this morning! Once a month they issue an LA Times Magazine and Lo! and behold on page 66 (CHA-CHING!!!!) is a four page article on TS--WITH PICTURES taken of him on his ranch! The article is titled The Real Deal and is all about our TS getting inducted into the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. On page 70 there is this statement: "He has just wrapped Blue Bloods a pilot for a CBS series that debuts this fall."

So I guess it's official! :D

Jake
Rear Admiral

TS Voice-Over Work

#536 Post by Jake »

I was watching ESPN tonight and heard TS doing some voice-over work I had not noticed before (for an NCAA Sports ad). I regularly hear him in the Florida Orange Juice & Go RVing commercials and every time I have flashback to Magnums inner monolog.....

I guess he has probably done quite a bit of voice-over work over the years. Every now and then they will play one of those Responsible Paranthood ads where there is a Father/Son scene and at the end you hear TS saying "Be a Dad". Also, I remeber when I lived out west I used to hear him narrate the Big-O Tire ads.

Anyone else picking up on the TS voice work???

SelleckLover

#537 Post by SelleckLover »

Voice over work is a smart way to make a lot of money. There's minimal time invested, and you get paid a lump sum for your work and then you get $$$ every time the commercial is aired. My husband has done voice over work (back in the 1990s) and he still gets an occasional check now and then!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#538 Post by Doc Ibold »

TS does his Nat'l fatherhood work pro bono.

Quigley
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#539 Post by Quigley »

Here's the online version of the article you mentined SelleckLover... thanks for the tip!

http://www.latimesmagazine.com/2010/06/ ... -deal.html
"Higgins I can explain"

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#540 Post by DarCA »

Thank you for sharing the link to the article!