Selleck Shorts

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Selleck Shorts

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Anyone interested in some Tom Selleck shorts that were worn on Magnum P.I.? No price set. The owner would like to give "the fans" a first shot at it before he puts it up on eBay.

If so, let me know and I'll give you the email address.

Thanks
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

This seems like one more suited to the female members of the forum!

Any notes on authenticity James?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Carmen
MPI

#3 Post by Carmen »

This seems like one more suited to the female members of the forum!
Definately!! Now how do I explain that to my husband.... :lol:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Something tells me they wouldn't fit.

Plus, there's that whole creepy "I bought shorts Tom Selleck wore" vibe . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#5 Post by N1095A »

Styles Bitchley wrote:This seems like one more suited to the female members of the forum!

They're authentic. I remember them particularly in an episode where he wore them with the red jungle bird shirt. I want to say it was a carol-centric episode. I'm pretty sure it was "The Love That Lies". I could be wrong, but I'll look it up ASAP.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#6 Post by Doc Ibold »

N1095A wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:This seems like one more suited to the female members of the forum!

They're authentic. I remember them particularly in an episode where he wore them with the red jungle bird shirt. I want to say it was a carol-centric episode. I'm pretty sure it was "The Love That Lies". I could be wrong, but I'll look it up ASAP.
N1095A, In all my years of being a member of this forum I have seen many things... many many things that astound me as to how we identify certain pieces of bric-a-brac on this show, but HOW you can identify Tom Selleck shorts based on the episode CLEARLY takes the cake.

How the ?!<sc$%^&^^* did you figure that one out?!

In regards to Conch's, quote I am in wholehearted agreement!

This is one piece of Magnum memorabilia that I leave to the ladies. (I've been known to buy certain scripts here and there), but that is just waaaaaayyy too creepy for me.

:shock:

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#7 Post by Italian Ice »

I never thought I'd see the day. I could understand the hats that were auctioned earlier (I'm still crying that I didn't get the one from Squeeze Play). Would be interesting to see if one of the ladies on here goes for it. For me, would be cool, but then at the same time I'm also reminded of the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer gives Jerry all of his undergarments and puts them all on his table...

Jerry: Well I'm going to have to move now... LOL
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#8 Post by N1095A »

Doc Ibold wrote: N1095A, In all my years of being a member of this forum I have seen many things... many many things that astound me as to how we identify certain pieces of bric-a-brac on this show, but HOW you can identify Tom Selleck shorts based on the episode CLEARLY takes the cake.

How the ?!<sc$%^&^^* did you figure that one out?!
Please Please no Tim Gunn Project Runway jokes. :lol: I saw these shorts in an episode I watched recently. I remember them because they looked weird, like something a woman would wear. They have that really wide waistband. I believe they were only worn once on the show. I took a look at "The Love That Lies", and was wrong about the episode. Last week I watched seasons 1,4, 7, and 8. They are in there somewhere. I am 100 % confident in vouching for their authenticity. I am almost certain that he wore them with the red jungle bird shirt. I'm just having trouble finding the exact episode.
Last edited by N1095A on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

You guys are cracking me up! :lol:

There is no COA with these shorts. The guy says he used to work at Universal. They "came from the wardrobe building directly".
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by only looking »

I love collecting props, but to be honest...those things are a tad ugly. If there was some navy seal shorts and they had MAGNUM T on them and was from the series...I might be interested. But screen worn or not....Do appreciate them giving the fans first shot..shows intergrity! :wink:
It made me do it Higgins!!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#11 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'm holding out for Higgins' knee socks!

Styles Bitchley

Short-Shorts or Bermudas?

#12 Post by Styles Bitchley »

The old Magnum P.I. short-shorts have become iconic in their own way. Most guys wouldn't be caught dead with a pair of those ball-huggers on (in public at least).

So what do you think. If Magnum finally re-emerges on the big or little screen (with or without Tom Selleck), will he be wearing short-shorts like the one's for sale or bermudas?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'd think you'd have to go with the nut huggers in the movie. Magnum in bermudas just wouldn't be right!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#14 Post by Agatha »

Can't agree, guys! Those short, shorts days are over.

First, because they just are...styles change, y'know and guys are just simply wearing longer shorts now.

Second, because Magnum is no longer as young as he was. Jesse Stone wears shorts and they come to about three inches above his knees. And he STILL looks great in them!!

Nope. Longer shorts, I think. But not those wide "Higgins"-type waistbands!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Styles Bitchley

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Agatha wrote:But not those wide "Higgins"-type waistbands!!:)
Those are hilarious! :lol: I don't know where they found such a style for those Higgins shorts, but they really suit him...and only him.

- J.Q.H.