6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 117

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#31 Post by J.J. Walters »

Does anybody happen to know where the demolition took place? The name of the building?

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Sam »

James,it was the Kaiser Hospital,this is the address.

100 holomoana honolulu hi

It is now the site of the "Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki"

http://www.princeresortshawaii.com/hawa ... -hotel.php

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#33 Post by rubber chicken »

Yeah, here's a great photo from 1965. And another. And even one from the demolition. It was also in the opening sequence of Hawaii Five-O.

Last edited by rubber chicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#34 Post by J.J. Walters »

You guys are awesome. Thanks!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MyGod!
Lieutenant Commander

#35 Post by MyGod! »

oh wow, I stayed in the Prince hotel that is on the site of the demolished building. When I was watching this episode the other day, i realized that my hotel must have been very close to there, but no idea it was the exact site!

gmt16750
Captain

#36 Post by gmt16750 »

About Higgins being Robin Master, there 's one big problem:
in 6.13 Summer school, Robin's nephew is sent on Robin's order to be taught by Higgins how to become a gentleman. So how could he not recognize his uncle???
or would he be hired too (like the guy with Orson welles' voice on the phone) as a fake nephew by Higgins?
i still prefer the idea of Higgins not to be Robin.
This episode is my favourite one, and the lift scene is really one of the best ever written for tv. (so many feelings: comedy, harshness of their chat and Magnum's consciousness about his life needing a change)
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

xmag
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#37 Post by xmag »

I watched this episode today, one of my favorite with Mau Mau. About Robin Masters:
Or, now that I think about it, what if there WAS a guy named Robin Masters, and he was going to be a writer. However, he turned out to be a hack, but a hack with a penchant for debauchery. So, Higgins meets up witht his guy, says "I'll write, you party. 50/50 down the middle, and I want an Estate in Hawaii but I don't want you around"
I think that Higgins was Robin Masters and that he wasn't. He was because I believe that he wrote the books but couldn't assume the identity because of his very conservative english family. But Higgins had plenty of half-brothers, so maybe Robin Masters was one of them?

Or Robin Masters really exists, the name and the person really exist and Higgins is using this person's name, with his agreement, for the books. They share the money coming from the books and everyone is happy.

It's not unheard of. Milli Vanilli, the singing duo from the 90's? They hot guys were the face of the group, for the world, and others were the real singers but nobody knew them. It worked for years.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#38 Post by Doc Ibold »

xmag wrote:I watched this episode today, one of my favorite with Mau Mau. About Robin Masters:
Or, now that I think about it, what if there WAS a guy named Robin Masters, and he was going to be a writer. However, he turned out to be a hack, but a hack with a penchant for debauchery. So, Higgins meets up witht his guy, says "I'll write, you party. 50/50 down the middle, and I want an Estate in Hawaii but I don't want you around"
I think that Higgins was Robin Masters and that he wasn't. He was because I believe that he wrote the books but couldn't assume the identity because of his very conservative english family. But Higgins had plenty of half-brothers, so maybe Robin Masters was one of them?

Or Robin Masters really exists, the name and the person really exist and Higgins is using this person's name, with his agreement, for the books. They share the money coming from the books and everyone is happy.

It's not unheard of. Milli Vanilli, the singing duo from the 90's? They hot guys were the face of the group, for the world, and others were the real singers but nobody knew them. It worked for years.
Actually, it worked only for about a year.. maybe a little bit more

Zudobug
Lieutenant Commander

#39 Post by Zudobug »

Although I stick to the belief that Robin Masters is not Higgins there have been some valid points mentioned that could make a lot of sense. The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the ending. How could a building just demolish around Magnum and Higgins and they just walk out of the rubble like they are some kind invincible superheroes? The pranks that both characters play on each other are quite good and certainly made me laugh but other than that I thought the episode was average at best.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#40 Post by N1095A »

Zudobug wrote: How could a building just demolish around Magnum and Higgins and they just walk out of the rubble like they are some kind invincible superheroes?
Maybe, just maybe being inside the elevator shielded them from the building falling around them.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Zudobug
Lieutenant Commander

#41 Post by Zudobug »

I've never been in an elevator of a building being demolished but I'm pretty certain the rubble falling from above would destroy the elevator and when the elevator falls down the shaft it would have certainly injured Magnum and Higgins at best.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#42 Post by N1095A »

Has anyone ever seen a minature blasting box in Radio Shack? That's a prop I'd like to re-create. Some of the parts are clearly Radio Shack, but I've never seen anything like it anywhere.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#43 Post by Italian Ice »

I have a question that occured to me recently. I tried to look it up and also asked people. What is a Paper War? Is it what TM and Higgins were doing to eachother? Blowing up the bridge, concrete in the cannon, cutting off the head of the rubber chicken, by this I mean taking turns?

Just wondering.

Will always remember this one as being one of the more shocking episodes, we all know why...
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

MrMoustache
Commander

#44 Post by MrMoustache »

i caught about 15 mins of this on A&E back in college in 94 and I just watched the whole thing today...

i wish i could code this as i have my own theories about higgins and i don't want to reveal spoilers for people that are reading my story. so if you are reading it and don't want spoilers, avert yer eyes!

spoilers in

-------------

simply put my theory is was that robin masters is a real person and was the person higgins took the role of hamlet from at eaton college because robin was too hungover to perform the next day. robins vices got him fired from the royal shakespeare academy and he and hggins meet up a number of years afterward in which higgns has retired from soldiering and failed to publish anything because no publisher would believe he would make a good PR person. so anyway they meet and form their scheme. so robin being a real person with a real history and also an actor solves almost all the problems..

MrMoustache
Commander

#45 Post by MrMoustache »

whoops
Last edited by MrMoustache on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.