1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 111

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re: Limbo (7.22)

#106 Post by ENSHealy »

Stelth wrote: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:33 pm Why was T.C. wearing a beret in the first scene he's in? It's where everyone is in Higgins' office. It seems so random.

Was it Thomas' beret and he was wearing it to "feel closer to him"?
In case the last two posts didn't make sense to everyone.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#107 Post by ENSHealy »

marlboro wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 pm Alexis! No - not again!

Darn, I was hoping I would be the first to point this out, but of course, given this crowd, that would have been pretty unlikely!

But I already had the video put together, so here you go: https://vimeo.com/784640790
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#108 Post by ENSHealy »

EPISODE: 7.22 Limbo

Famous guest stars:
Hawaiian shirts:
Tigers Cap:
Island Hopper shirts:
Shirtless Magnum:
OMG:
Higgins Organizations:
Higgins musings: 1
Negotiations:
Gun Play: 1
Bullet wounds: 2
Body Count (by Magnum): Do Magnum’s subconscious instructions to Michelle while she’s driving count? If so, then 2
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking:
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
4th wall breaks:
Magnumometer: 6
Magnumometer Moments: https://vimeo.com/789140187

It’s taken me a long time to work through Season 7. I posted the Magnumometer for L.A. (1) on November 20, 2021. I guess 2022 was a busy year. But I think in some way also, I didn’t want to get to the end of Season 7. All I can really say about this episode is that it should have been the last one, though I’ve never quite forgiven them for using recycled premature-exploding car B-roll in what was supposed to be THE LAST EPISODE, nor can I begrudge anyone getting 13 episodes more TV money. And there were some decent moments in rump Season 8, but I’ve always felt like the story arc really ended here, and what they tagged on afterwards didn’t feel right or measure up. I’ll grant you that the last scene of Resolutions, with TM walking down the beach with Lily, is a good ending, but the final episode is so loaded up with other crap that that final scene is about all you can really take away from it. I’ve always hated Linda Lee Ellison…but enough about THAT episode. This one is damn good, and in a perfect world, they would have wrapped here. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#109 Post by Aloha Friday »

Great episode as others have already said...reminded me of Heaven Can Wait with Warren Beatty. When he dies he is walking in the clouds like Magnum with the music playing. HCW was made several years earlier, so may well have been the inspiration. "Joe" walked through his relationships with his Guardian Angel, Mr Jordan, like TM with Mac...getting told they couldn't see him when he tried to interact with his friends and teammates.

I remember watching this episode when it originally aired...I was 25 and if I recall the decision to make a season 8 came right before this episode aired. I was happy there was going to be another season...Magnum was must watch TV for me.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#110 Post by eagle »

eagle wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:36 pm Unpopular opinion time. I don't know how to rank this one: It is an excellent episode, but I truly dislike it. I dislike it because in my mind it didn't have the correct ending, and I would have hated CBS if this had been left as the series finale.

Now, there are parts of it that I like -- the Dickensian feel to it, and the appropriate-to-any-finale super long guest star list and the plot that went along with that (Magnum making up for years of juvenility) -- but I have never liked that it started in the middle of the case (the shootout at the warehouse) and ended with him dying.

Am I the only one? It's okay if I am, I just wonder. :)
I'm watching this one again now -- almost exactly 3 years after my post here. I still don't like this episode. :)