The "Get Wet" cap

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

SS350
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: The "Get Wet" cap

#166 Post by SS350 »

thanks a lot that's very nice of you producing at cost for the rest of us for fun.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#167 Post by Pahonu »

Higgins (aka Bondtoys) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:07 am Ok, I have received so many requests that I‘ll do another run.

Unfortunately, printing has increased, it‘s now EUR 20,— plus the cap EUR 7,50 plus shipping.
Please send me pms if you want one.

They should be ready within the next 3-4 weeks - depending on when the caps arrive with me.
That’s very generous of you. You seem to have made many forum members happy! :magnum:

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#168 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Just a question - does this "Get Wet" cap have some MPI significance? Was it shown in some episode? I guess it must have some importance since everyone is so eager to get one. :) Because I feel like I'm missing something here. :?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#169 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:40 pm Just a question - does this "Get Wet" cap have some MPI significance? Was it shown in some episode? I guess it must have some importance since everyone is so eager to get one. :) Because I feel like I'm missing something here. :?
Magnum wore it.

Not sure how many times though?

Don't think that often but I do remember wanting it as a kid so for some reason it stood out as very cool at the time.

I also wanted his goggle sunglasses.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu

#170 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:40 pm Just a question - does this "Get Wet" cap have some MPI significance? Was it shown in some episode? I guess it must have some importance since everyone is so eager to get one. :) Because I feel like I'm missing something here. :?
I believe it was also in later seasons that he wore it, so…

Chop chop Ivan, finish the series! :wink:

You are indeed missing something. :D

Pahonu

#171 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:55 pm
Magnum wore it.

Someone on the forum figured out the sunglasses with shields were by Julbo. They were for mountaineering, if I recall correctly, with the shields for snow reflection.

He had another color Get Wet! hat also. Gray???

Edit:

Here’s your chance TQ.

https://www.amazon.com/Julbo-Vermont-Mo ... B08D6YGR31

Fleet Admiral

#172 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Magnum wore it.

Don't think that often but I do remember wanting it as a kid so for some reason it stood out as very cool at the time.

I see. I guess I don't find this hat iconic enough, not like his Tigers hat or his Jungle Bird shirt or his loafers or his jeans belt. Or even his goggles/sunglasses that he used during his frequent swims. Even T.C.'s Da Nang hat is more iconic!

Now, if someone really wants to make some serious cash on the side, how about scaring up some of those high-waisted pants that Higgy wore!!? :lol: The line to buy those surely must be huge! I'm game. :wink:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#173 Post by T.Q. »

Pahonu wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:13 pm
Here’s your chance TQ.

https://www.amazon.com/Julbo-Vermont-Mo ... B08D6YGR31
Thanks.

I think they're cool but I have a million pairs already.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#174 Post by Sam »

Pahonu wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:09 pm

Hi Pahonu...Per N1095A the hat was seen in 4 episodes..

He wears the cap in "Straight And Narrow", "Death And Taxes", "Paper War", and "Death Of The Flowers"
Also the Grey hat was worn in "Death Of The Flowers" starting at the 20:20 mark.

Pahonu

#175 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:27 am
Pahonu wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:09 pm

Hi Pahonu...Per N1095A the hat was seen in 4 episodes..

He wears the cap in "Straight And Narrow", "Death And Taxes", "Paper War", and "Death Of The Flowers"
Also the Grey hat was worn in "Death Of The Flowers" starting at the 20:20 mark.
Thanks Sam!

All season 7 and not far apart from each other for the black hat.

SS350
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#176 Post by SS350 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Magnum wore it.

I see. I guess I don't find this hat iconic enough, not like his Tigers hat or his Jungle Bird shirt or his loafers or his jeans belt. Or even his goggles/sunglasses that he used during his frequent swims. Even T.C.'s Da Nang hat is more iconic!

Now, if someone really wants to make some serious cash on the side, how about scaring up some of those high-waisted pants that Higgy wore!!? :lol: The line to buy those surely must be huge! I'm game. :wink:

yea I just thought the get wet hat was cool b/c it was in less episodes and was very beachy - i know reproductions of the other hats exist so was pumped to see this lesser known hat was being reproduced on the forum - i love the tigers /al's automotive and muffler shop one too.

bit off topic but all the money selling higgy pants could fund a Rolex pepsi submariner with the profits! https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/why-t ... -magnum-pi

if they dont sell like hotcakes the chronosport he wore in the earlier seasons would be more attainable.. https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/ma ... ch.341138/

Fleet Admiral

#177 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

SS350 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:11 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Magnum wore it.

yea I just thought the get wet hat was cool b/c it was in less episodes and was very beachy - i know reproductions of the other hats exist so was pumped to see this lesser known hat was being reproduced on the forum - i love the tigers /al's automotive and muffler shop one too.

bit off topic but all the money selling higgy pants could fund a Rolex pepsi submariner with the profits! https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/why-t ... -magnum-pi

if they dont sell like hotcakes the chronosport he wore in the earlier seasons would be more attainable.. https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads/ma ... ch.341138/
I'm thinking the money from selling Higgy pants could fund a Ferrari, an Audi, and a GMC Jimmy! :D And maybe even T.C.'s chopper!

SS350
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#178 Post by SS350 »

I like your thinking!

the K5 in the earlier episodes was soooo mint... it bugs me that they moved on to the S10 and then the jeep for the robin's nest utility vehicle :/ ahh well product placement?

Fleet Admiral

#179 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

SS350 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:04 pm I like your thinking!

the K5 in the earlier episodes was soooo mint... it bugs me that they moved on to the S10 and then the jeep for the robin's nest utility vehicle :/ ahh well product placement?
They moved on to a Chevy Blazer S10? And then a Jeep? I guess that's in the later seasons? I thought the utility vehicle (the Jimmy) was only used a few times in the earlier seasons and then they dropped utility vehicles altogether.

EDIT: Wait, I do remember the Jeep Waggoneer in S3's "Basket Case".

Pahonu

#180 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:55 pm
SS350 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:04 pm I like your thinking!

They moved on to a Chevy Blazer S10? And then a Jeep? I guess that's in the later seasons? I thought the utility vehicle (the Jimmy) was only used a few times in the earlier seasons and then they dropped utility vehicles altogether.

EDIT: Wait, I do remember the Jeep Waggoneer in S3's "Basket Case".
I know the Jimmy was in Dream a Little Dream from season 4. I recall TM standing in front of it holding his client’s young daughter near the end.