Which single episode was best?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

VM02
Rear Admiral

#16 Post by VM02 »

I think this is one of the things that makes MPI (and MPI fans) so great. This same sort of thing turned up on an old list your top 10 eps thread too:

There are so many episodes, in different styles, done so well that many different people have different favorite episodes. By my count there have been 8 different episodes identified already.

Carry On!

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Lily »

So far my favourite is Little Girl Who because it shows Magnum in a new and different light.

Icepick
Admiral

#18 Post by Icepick »

I've got to do two.

fun - Paper War

serious - Limbo
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by lutherhgillis »

Jodykmg365,

Big Blow is another one of my favorites. I cannot put my finger on the reason. I guess if I had to ride out a hurricane it would be at the estate with all of my pals!

I love it when Magnum KOs Randy the creep!

A P Leyland
Captain

#20 Post by A P Leyland »

Limbo - not only my fave episode of Magnum PI, one of my favourite hours of television ever.

Andy

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#21 Post by Jodykmg365 »

lutherhgillis wrote:Jodykmg365,

Big Blow is another one of my favorites. I cannot put my finger on the reason. I guess if I had to ride out a hurricane it would be at the estate with all of my pals!

I love it when Magnum KOs Randy the creep!
Luther, If I had to be in a hurricane....and I was in 2005, then I wish I could be in that house too.
I just loved Wanda; she was a riot. I have to say that it didn't show Magnum in the best light as a security expert though. He should have known better than let strangers onto the estate.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#22 Post by Doc Ibold »

OK, I'm glad I don't feel crazy because I like the Big Blow too!

grundle
Admiral

#23 Post by grundle »

"Home From The Sea" is the one I consider to be the best, but the one I enjoy the most is "The Woman On The Beach."

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Always liked "The Kona Winds". Different take on Hawaii and I love the way the storm affects the mood of all the characters in different ways. Great ending too.

MagnumPI
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#25 Post by MagnumPI »

Death & Taxes for sure !!
P.I

Colt m1911
Rem 870

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by lutherhgillis »

I also like Unfinished Business. The subject matter rips my heart out every time I watch it. It helps to ground me back into reality. War is hell.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

bigislanddave
Ensign

#27 Post by bigislanddave »

It's tough to pick just one, but I'd have to go with Ki'i's Don't Lie because of my interest in Hawaiian cultural artifacts and the fact that Kalaipahoa wasn't just made up for the show.

Other honorable mentions go to The Woman on the Beach, The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club, Laura, and From Moscow to Maui.

Dave

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#28 Post by Agatha »

Just saw Limbo for the first time today. WOW! A good cry and one of my favorite John Denver songs....how could an episode get any better than that? So I think it's the best episode...today.

Yesterday it was Did You See the Sunrise. And last month it was Home from the Sea. And when I FINALLY get to see Season 8?

Who knows!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#29 Post by Rutledal »

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times allready, but I too will have to go with Death and Taxes. There is absoulutley nothing I don't love about that episode. The combination of suspense, one of the best villians in MPI history and the use of "Mama" makes the episode perfect. I marked it of on my calender to makes sure I didn't miss the rerun.

Also I just have to mention a close second for Past Tense. I first started watching Magnum during midnight reruns, so I had to tape it and watch it in the afternoon. The first episode I ever saw was Ki'i's Don't Lie which didn't exactly impress me, sorry bigislanddave, then came The Eighth Part of the Village and neither that persuaded me that this show was worth taping every day, but then came Past Tense and rewoke my intrest. After Black on White and Flashback I was hooked.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.