Custom Tiger's hat

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

Custom Tiger's hat

#1 Post by perfectlykevin »

Found this (don't know if it's been posted before) and thought it's about the only way to get a new "vintage era" Tigers cap.

http://www.ballcap.com/

Select "Tigers" under the Team scrolly thing. Heck you can't even pick up a 1920's style too, like the time travel/dream episode. :)

Kev

Icepick
Admiral

#2 Post by Icepick »

I wonder if the 1974 cap is the one that would be the closest.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by perfectlykevin »

Icepick wrote:I wonder if the 1974 cap is the one that would be the closest.
I've emailed them to see if they can do an 80's era, with no MLB logo on the back and a green underside to the brim. I'll post the result here. Crossing fingers! :)

Kev

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by perfectlykevin »

perfectlykevin wrote:
Icepick wrote:I wonder if the 1974 cap is the one that would be the closest.
I've emailed them to see if they can do an 80's era, with no MLB logo on the back and a green underside to the brim. I'll post the result here. Crossing fingers! :)

Kev
OK, just heard back from Will there. He said the 74 Tigers cap is the same since it was used until 1983. He can look up after 83 if need be, but I think TM wore his initially around 1980-81 so the 74 should be fine.

Kev

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That sounds right. The big differences in Magnum's hat and the one of today are: the MLB logo on the back, and the D is almost 3D now where it was a flat swen inpression in the 80's. I believe you will get what you are looking for with this.

Icepick
Admiral

#6 Post by Icepick »

This is great news. I wonder if that company can show some photos of what they look like. The drawing they had didn't suffice. perfectlykevin, could you email them and ask?
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by perfectlykevin »

Icepick wrote:This is great news. I wonder if that company can show some photos of what they look like. The drawing they had didn't suffice. perfectlykevin, could you email them and ask?
I can, but I'll be away camping for the next week. I'll do it though when I return.
I plan to order one anyway, so even if they can't supply a pic, I'll do a comparison pic or two with my recently purchased MLB Tigers hat.
:D
Kev

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by wwmd »

These caps sound great! Wool flannel with leather hat bands, hundreds of logos to choose from.

I know I'll order at least one in the future--maybe a Tigers cap or one of my other favorite teams.

Who knows, maybe a custom made Cross of Lorraine cap is in order? Not exactly "Magnum Wear," but I think it would be interesting and cool.

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Magnom
Lieutenant

#9 Post by Magnom »

perfectlykevin wrote:
Icepick wrote:This is great news. I wonder if that company can show some photos of what they look like. The drawing they had didn't suffice. perfectlykevin, could you email them and ask?
I can, but I'll be away camping for the next week. I'll do it though when I return.
I plan to order one anyway, so even if they can't supply a pic, I'll do a comparison pic or two with my recently purchased MLB Tigers hat.
:D
Kev
Did you get your cap? I live in the U.K. and I have looked at the 1974 DT cap on the website.
But what options would be correct?

Hatband leather or cotton?

Cut:
Regular, short or full?
Steve :)

"It don`t mean nothing"

Magnom
Lieutenant

#10 Post by Magnom »

I live in the U.K. and I have looked at the 1974 DT cap on the website. http://www.ballcap.com/

Hatband: leather or cotton?

Cut:
Regular, short or full?
Steve :)

"It don`t mean nothing"

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by perfectlykevin »

Magnom wrote:I live in the U.K. and I have looked at the 1974 DT cap on the website. http://www.ballcap.com/

Hatband: leather or cotton?

Cut:
Regular, short or full?
Don't know the answers to those questions and I still haven't ordered mine. i think i would go for a cotton hatnband due to comfort, and the cut depends on how you wish to wear it. I'd say either reg. or full cut, I think the short would be too small, and not look like the right era.

Hopefully i will order when things calm down here, and I'll post a pic. :)

Kev

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by only looking »

Couldn't you just ask for an official Detroit Tigers hat of that era..kind of a DEFAULT type of a deal, I'm sure they'd know what a stock hat would have been for that era. I believe Magnum's was.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by perfectlykevin »

only looking wrote:Couldn't you just ask for an official Detroit Tigers hat of that era..kind of a DEFAULT type of a deal, I'm sure they'd know what a stock hat would have been for that era. I believe Magnum's was.
Probably could do that but their drop down menu requires a selection of hat volume (full regular or short I believe). I'd imagine this allows for the right fit of differing heads. Still I think they should be able to do just the stock variety too. Email them, they're pretty quick with their follow up.

Kev

TM
Ensign

#14 Post by TM »

Hi guys,
Newbie here and this is my first post.
I have to say this is a great site and forum.

I have been considering getting the 1974 DT cap on the website.
has anyone got one yet, if so how do they look?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#15 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard. I haven't bought the hat. I have the newer one with the MLB logo on the back, but one from that era would be nice to have.