Do you find it strange that ...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

Do you find it strange that ...

#1 Post by lutherhgillis »

Fill in the blank with your question about oddities with the epis or the characters.

Here's one to start:

Do you find it strange that Robin replaced the Jaguar with an Audi considering Higgins is a WWII vet and probably did not think highly of German products?

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by MPS »

Do you find it stanrge that no one has cut off Magnum at the KKC, despite the fact that his tab is never (or almost never) paid?
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

Do you find it strange that Robin still allows Magnum to drive the Ferrari, even though its has been dented, scratched, thrown off a cliff, and blown up? (Sometimes on more than one occaision)

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Jodykmg365 »

Doc Ibold you took mine!! :lol:

Do you find it strange that with everything Higgins has done in his life, he would be content with reading poetry to women's groups and putting on plays with japenese dancers?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#5 Post by SelleckLover »

I don't find these things strange. Stranger things have happened on various other TV shows of that era. We have Quincy, M.E. being rerun on a channel here in the Los Angeles area and I have been watching some of them. Wow! You want to talk about far-fetched! Here's the scenario:

Quincy is at the beach for some reason (I forget) and some guy keels over unconscious in front of a hot dog stand. Quincy runs over to him and determines that he needs heart defibrillation. He orders some surfer kid to go get an extension cord from the hot dog stand (which appears to me to be the same rickety structures that are used to sell fireworks. Why they would just happen to have an extension cord, is beyond me.) Now this flimsy hot dog stand, just 20 paces from the thundering waves BTW, happens to have an electrical outlet in it. So he tells the surfer kid to go plug it in. While that's happening, Quincy cuts off the plug end of the extension cord with a pocket knife and splits the cord in half. He then uses the two BARE WIRES to shock the guys heart into rhythm. Talk about suspension of disbelief!!! One would think since the guy is laying in WET SAND and however many amps or volts going through him, that wouldn't be such a great idea. But of course, Quincy saves the man's life and then goes on to try and catch a murder suspect, but not before he makes what seems like a long speech at the ambulance to the two attendants as they are putting the man in the back.

Not trying to disagree with anyone....I'm just sayin'!! :D

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Lily »

Do you find it strange that Magnum is always able to find a parking spot in Honolulu, right outside where he needs to go? OK I know the series was some years ago now...but still!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

SelleckLover wrote:I don't find these things strange. Stranger things have happened on various other TV shows of that era. We have Quincy, M.E. being rerun on a channel here in the Los Angeles area and I have been watching some of them. Wow! You want to talk about far-fetched! Here's the scenario:

Quincy is at the beach for some reason (I forget) and some guy keels over unconscious in front of a hot dog stand. Quincy runs over to him and determines that he needs heart defibrillation. He orders some surfer kid to go get an extension cord from the hot dog stand (which appears to me to be the same rickety structures that are used to sell fireworks. Why they would just happen to have an extension cord, is beyond me.) Now this flimsy hot dog stand, just 20 paces from the thundering waves BTW, happens to have an electrical outlet in it. So he tells the surfer kid to go plug it in. While that's happening, Quincy cuts off the plug end of the extension cord with a pocket knife and splits the cord in half. He then uses the two BARE WIRES to shock the guys heart into rhythm. Talk about suspension of disbelief!!! One would think since the guy is laying in WET SAND and however many amps or volts going through him, that wouldn't be such a great idea. But of course, Quincy saves the man's life and then goes on to try and catch a murder suspect, but not before he makes what seems like a long speech at the ambulance to the two attendants as they are putting the man in the back.

Not trying to disagree with anyone....I'm just sayin'!! :D
SL,

He's QUINCY!

:lol:

(Even though I have NEVER seen this show in my life).

Yeah, that is a bit odd......

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by Jodykmg365 »

Do you find it strange that Magnum can kill at will and never have to go before a grand jury? :lol:

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by lutherhgillis »

Do you find it strange that Magnum does not do much investigating, he just farms it out to Rick, TC, and Higgins... And how much 'gas money' does he owe TC?

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#10 Post by Jodykmg365 »

Do you find it strange that there are never any cops around during all of Magnum's high speed chases on such a small island? :lol:

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Miss Q »

Jody you took mine... TM has shot even killed at least on person every season - no consequences... TS feels stongly that there must be consequences in life.
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Miss Q »

Do you find it strange that since Nam people have been shooting at TM, even hitting him and he just walks away
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#13 Post by IslandHopper »

Do you find it strange that Magnum has been shot in the left shoulder multiple times and only has one scar to show for it...not to mention that he's still able to use his shoulder to surf ski, etc.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by Jodykmg365 »

Do you find it strange that the tan pants and shirt that Higgins always wears never seems to wear out? :P

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#15 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Do you find it strange that TM can put his investigations before security of Robin's Nest on numerous occasions and never be asked to leave by Robin?