Ferrari 308 for sale!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#16 Post by N1095A »

Coops wrote:That was one of the VERY laughable things about MPI; TS getting TC to do a tune up on the 308!
From what I understood, it was about $3000 just for a tune up. This is a stunning specimen though.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Coops »

N1095A wrote:
Coops wrote:That was one of the VERY laughable things about MPI; TS getting TC to do a tune up on the 308!
From what I understood, it was about $3000 just for a tune up. This is a stunning specimen though.
Not only that, it's a "Magnum P.I." edition.

LOL, whatever that means...

Carmen
MPI

#18 Post by Carmen »

... don`t know, but in my book about Ferraris from 1987 the 308 is described like: this car has something special, something that shots out rational reasons for decisions what car to buy.... The significance was intensified by the beloved TV series Magnum P.I. The only important change was the use of a Bosch-K-Jetronic-injektion system instead of the normal used Weber DCNF carburetor.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Magnum92
Captain

#19 Post by Magnum92 »

If only I had the spare money! :D
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Coops »

Carmen wrote:

... don`t know, but in my book about Ferraris from 1987 the 308 is described like: this car has something special, something that shots out rational reasons for decisions what car to buy.... The significance was intensified by the beloved TV series Magnum P.I. The only important change was the use of a Bosch-K-Jetronic-injektion system instead of the normal used Weber DCNF carburetor.
Thanks! But I wasn't being serious. This 308 is for sale in Houston so that means the saleman is just marketing the car in the ad. There was no official "Magnum P.I.' edition, Ferrari wouldn't do something like that unless it was Michael Schumacher, not Thomas Magnum! :lol:

Carmen
MPI

#21 Post by Carmen »

I know Coops, but that change was real, maybe for the whole American market.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Coops »

Carmen wrote:I know Coops, but that change was real, maybe for the whole American market.
Oh I know the change was real but it didn't have to do with Magnum, it was due to U.S. Federal Government car emission regulations. That's why Ferrari went with fuel injection after dumping carburation.

zplate
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#23 Post by zplate »

Here's one I bought a few months ago:

myspace.com/zplate