Which prop would you want?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Coops
Fleet Admiral

Which prop would you want?

#1 Post by Coops »

Of all the props on the show which one (and I mean only ONE!) would you want (and I don't mean cars, helo's, or houses either!)?

There are many I'd have to decide from. The gorilla mask, the rubber chicken, TM's green robe...(just kidding, I know SelleckLover has dibs on that!)

OK OK, but if I had to choose one I'd take Higgins' model of the bridge over the river Kwai. Or the ivory carving behind his desk. Or the Matisse painting in the guesthouse. Crap, I don't know. :(

Carmen
MPI

#2 Post by Carmen »

Very easy!! Only one I can think of - Magnums bed and nothing else, second best are his swimshorts (did I say that loud :oops: )
Last edited by Carmen on Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Coops »

HAHA, how did I know the women would be going after TM's clothes???

:D

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

I guess I would have to pull off a master heist of the Smithsonian to get TM's original team ring, and it is better off there for all to see anyway, so I will take the Gauguin painting in the guest house kitchen.........

Steve
Chicago

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#5 Post by tidal pool »

Steve wrote:I guess I would have to pull off a master heist of the Smithsonian to get TM's original team ring
Team ring for me. Now where did I put my black ski mask. :wink:
TS or NO MOVIE!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

The wicker chair in the guesthouse. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I know my wife would want the Gauguin painting or his short shorts, but I think I wouldn't mind his Rolex.

Icepick
Admiral

#8 Post by Icepick »

The River Kwai bridge without a doubt!

Speaking of the bridge, does anyone remember the website that had a cut-out version of the bridge that you could print off? That or they had the designs to make your own, I can't remember. They also had the make your own mini, paper TC van.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Coops »

Gaugin, yes! Dammit why did I think it was a Matisse? Thanks for the correction! (bangs head on the wall)

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by perfectlykevin »

tidal pool wrote:
Steve wrote:I guess I would have to pull off a master heist of the Smithsonian to get TM's original team ring
Team ring for me. Now where did I put my black ski mask. :wink:
He, he, he... I was thinking the same thing! :wink: Last time I was at the museum, I asked about the Team Ring and where I could find it. I thought I remember it being said it was near Archie Bunker's chair. I saw the chair but no Team Ring. :( Staff replied it was probably taken out for awhile and would probably be back for viewing but they couldn't say when.

...I wouldn't want to steal it per se, but just liberate it, for awhile... 8)

Kev

VM02
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by VM02 »

Another Vote for the Bridge on the River Kwai. Though the rubber chicken was the first thing I thought of.

Cue Colonel Bogey March.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Coops »

Does anyone know what happened to the model of the bridge after the show stopped production?

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

perfectlykevin wrote:Last time I was at the museum, I asked about the Team Ring and where I could find it. I thought I remember it being said it was near Archie Bunker's chair. I saw the chair but no Team Ring. Staff replied it was probably taken out for awhile and would probably be back for viewing but they couldn't say when.
I remember reading (somewhere on this site? can't seem to find it now) that the Smithsonian has three Magnum artifacts (the ring, the red parrot shirt, and, hmmm, the Rolex?), but displays only one of them at a time, on a rotating basis. When you were there, did you see anything from the show?

Edited: Here's the same info in a Honolulu Star-Bulletin article from 2000. It was the Tigers cap, not the Rolex. This article doesn't say anything about rotating the three, though, so this isn't where I read it before.
Carol

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#14 Post by N1095A »

I'd have to say thE Rolex for me. I believe the watch was not exactly a prop, but maybe actually owned by TS. In fact I'm positive I've seen "Jesse Stone" wearing it.

The bridge, I would assume was claimed by Hillerman. Although that's just a guess.

I'd also love to get hold of the hat rack and hats.

I'm kind of curious what happened to various vehicles (other than the Ferrari). T.C.'s van etc. I'd also like to find the origional GMC Jimmy.
Last edited by N1095A on Sun May 11, 2008 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Sam »

The 84 Ferrari would look good in my garage.

N1095A...At one time one of the vans was in either Seattle or Portland...Photo and info courtesy of Mr. Romas.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... 51/446.jpg