Magnum Props

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

wdm
Vice Admiral

Magnum Props

#1 Post by wdm »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

If you are going to buy a prop I would ask for a screen shot of an episode it was in. It seems like I have seen the clam shell and mapkin stand listed as props before so these may be massed produced items. Maybe someone else can be of greater assistance than me.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#3 Post by Italian Ice »

I bought a prop, cant find what episode it's in...

It's a candle holder, 3 little palm trees attached and in a circular pattern with space in the middle to place a candle. I also didn't notice many of the other props, but mind you I haven't seen many episodes lately and I wasn't always looking for them. It did come with a certificate of authenticity.

Has anyone had any luck? By this I mean, has anybody bought one of the many props and saw it on the show?
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#4 Post by N1095A »

These so-called "props" appear quite often on Ebay. Some are authentic, some are not. Certificates of authenticity can be made on any computer, and mean very little. Some of the items listed may have indeed appeared on the show. Some may have been purchaced for the show but never used. Some are simply fraud. Bottom line, If you can't place it in an episode, and the seller has no photos of the item in an episode, I'd avoid it.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Sounds like words to the wise!