Magnums Diet

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think his physical activity helps out. Granted, he maybe eats two chili dogs instead of four. I like his diet O just don't have the time to work out like he does.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Danno »

It's the ideal lifestyle, eating junkfood, drinking copious amounts of beer, hanging out with friends who own helicopters and run clubs.
He gets the Ferrari, the bachelor pad, the beach, the girls... and he still looks good....

Damn you, Magnum and your life of sordid hedonism! :wink:
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Carmen
MPI

#18 Post by Carmen »

My 17 year old son eats lots of pizza, burgers, fries and all other kind of "junk food", but he also plays basketball twice a week and runs about 30 miles every week.
He stands up from dinnertable and you can watch him going to the kitchen in search for more food. (I´m still looking for a good lock for our refridgerator)
I have to admit, he eats tons of fruits and vegetables too, and is in very good shape and health
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by MPS »

I have to agree with Carmen and SelleckLover, it all depends on age and body type. Gotta remember TS is 6'4", he burns a lot of calories just breathing! TM is in his 30's, works out all the time, or it looks that way, and those calories don't add an ounce. We should all be so lucky. I've got to hit the gym 4 times a week these days to maintain the status quo.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

Right you are MPS...my son is 6'6" and has to eat mass quantities of food just to maintain his average body weight of around 220 or so. That's not a lot of weight for him because of his height and body structure. If he weighs any less than that he looks anorexic (to me)!

Icepick
Admiral

#21 Post by Icepick »

Didn't TM have a name for his chilli?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#22 Post by Doc Ibold »

Icepick wrote:Didn't TM have a name for his chilli?
Yeah, "Hormel"

:lol:

Sorry Icepick, couldn't resist.

But seriously, I don't think Magnum ever "named" his chili.

However, you may be thinking of T.C.s "Uncle Rolands Bayou Blaster Chili"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#23 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Doc, I do remember that form the episode where TC was cooking the chili in the guesthouse. If memory serves me correctly I think he was on Magnum about someone needing to constantly stir the chili.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#24 Post by Doc Ibold »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Doc, I do remember that form the episode where TC was cooking the chili in the guesthouse. If memory serves me correctly I think he was on Magnum about someone needing to constantly stir the chili.
Right you are! That was in "Torah, Torah, Torah"

TC was on him because if he didn't stir it, it would turn to cement. Magnum couldn't do it because Higgins wanted Magnum to pick up the Rabbi. Higgins couldn't do it because he had business on the Noth Shore. T.C. couldn't continue to do it because he had baseball practice.

I assume Magnum had to buy a new crock!

:D

Icepick
Admiral

#25 Post by Icepick »

Thanks guys, that's it! It was TC cooking in the guesthouse......Uncle Roland's Original Creole Flaming Bayou-Blaster Chili.......lol....love it. I'm going to create my own version of it by slightly changing an awesome recipe I already have.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#26 Post by IslandHopper »

Icepick wrote:Thanks guys, that's it! It was TC cooking in the guesthouse......"Uncle Rolands Bayou Blaster Chili"......lol....love it.
Hey, there is a rare reference to TC's Louisiana roots, i.e. Bayou Blaster Chili. I only remember one other reference regarding TC's home (state), and that was in "Operation Silent Night" when he said he was going home to Louisiana.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#27 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

TC also mentions playing for Grambling (in LA) in One More Summer

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Coops »

I remember in "Little Games" when TM goes to the restaurant to meet Krista thinking she'd give up her life for him. When she doesn't show up I remember him ordering something like a 16 oz. porterhouse steak, or some huge steak.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by sophia »

I noticed another diet item recently.
In Ms. Jones, TM and Madeline are sitting in her kitchen and enjoying a snack of milk and Oreos.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#30 Post by N1095A »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:TC also mentions playing for Grambling (in LA) in One More Summer
As I recall, didn't someone, maybe Rick or TM refer to it as Grumbling because TC was grumbling about something at the time?
"But Higgins, I can explain."