Magnum's "Gauguin" Painting

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum's "Gauguin" Painting

#106 Post by only looking »

Not gonna lie that looks pretty good I wish I could see a sad beside comparison and do we know how big the one in the guest house actually was? I don't think I've ever seen a really good picture of the particular painting anywhere including the frame that is if anyone has a super clear photo please post it I definitely might have to end up doing something like that
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#107 Post by Aloha Friday »

Hard to say without having the actual painting to compare side by side. I have not seen a good picture of the entire thing to judge the scale. I think the actual one might be a little larger...maybe 18 x 24. Or it could be the larger frame.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#108 Post by erock308 »

"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#109 Post by Aloha Friday »

erock308, The site says it is "no longer available"...I do see the Toucan mirror/wall-hanging though. Do I need to register to see the picture?
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#110 Post by erock308 »

Aloha Friday wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:49 pm erock308, The site says it is "no longer available"...I do see the Toucan mirror/wall-hanging though. Do I need to register to see the picture?
Opps, here is a direct link :

https://www.zazzle.com/magnums_gauguin_ ... 8882441821

https://www.zazzle.com/magnums_gauguin_ ... 5026537654
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#111 Post by Aloha Friday »

very cool.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#112 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Just to be clear though, these are prints, right? They're not painted reproductions. The latter would be much better.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#113 Post by Aloha Friday »

The one I posted is hand painted on a canvas. I can't speak for erock308. I am trying another one to see if I can get it closer to the one on the guestroom wall. Is there a way to actually post the picture, or are we restricted to a url? I have tried multiple times and failed to post a picture.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Styles Bitchley

#114 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Aloha Friday wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:29 pm The one I posted is hand painted on a canvas. I can't speak for erock308. I am trying another one to see if I can get it closer to the one on the guestroom wall. Is there a way to actually post the picture, or are we restricted to a url? I have tried multiple times and failed to post a picture.
Unfortunately, the forum isn't upgraded to the point where it will work with apps like Tapatalk, which would make image posting much easier. What you need to do it go to a free image hosting site (like https://imgbb.com/) and upload there. Then you've got your link to share.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#115 Post by Aloha Friday »

Thanks Bitchley for the response on posting...I've been able to post links to my paintings of the Bearded Lady and the guesthouse Gauguin, but was trying to post pictures as some are able to do. Is that a permissions thing or am I not doing it correctly? [https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6656/yHsop1.jpg] and [https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/405/I2OLzP.jpg].
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Styles Bitchley

#116 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Aloha Friday wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:33 pm Thanks Bitchley for the response on posting...I've been able to post links to my paintings of the Bearded Lady and the guesthouse Gauguin, but was trying to post pictures as some are able to do. Is that a permissions thing or am I not doing it correctly? [https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6656/yHsop1.jpg] and [https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/405/I2OLzP.jpg].
I think you're just not doing it correctly. put the full url between the image code, like: Image

And it should look like this:

- J.Q.H.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#117 Post by Aloha Friday »

Thanks for the help!
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#118 Post by Aloha Friday »

OK, I got a little obsessed with this painting since I read this thread. I tried a couple times and think I got close. All are hand painted on canvas trying to replicate the guest house "Gauguin". The first two tries are 16 x 20, the third try is larger 20 x 24. Image . Image Image.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#119 Post by Aloha Friday »

My wife is not a fan of my art...If anyone is interested, you can PM me...I will give Only Looking first dibs since they were the one who persisted for so many years. Here is the 20 x 24 framed and on the wall...Image and Image
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#120 Post by Aloha Friday »

I ordered a frame for the bearded lady painting...it is very close to the baroque designed frame one on the show...very happy with the way it turned out. The photo seems to lose a lot of resolution by the time it goes through download and posting...a bit flat and washed out compared to the real life painting. Same with the others.Image
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia