Anyone up for MPI trivia?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#211 Post by J.J. Walters »

See, that's what makes this question so great, Doc. I thought you were talking about the bartender!

Here's another shot of our mysterious cowboy:

I don't know Doc. The more I look at it, the more I don't think it's him. Anyone know how to get in contact with Bob Minor? ;)

Here's a good comparison shot. Bob from "Paniolo":

Last edited by J.J. Walters on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#212 Post by Sam »

James,

Try this.....Make sure you make him aware of the board.

http://www.stuntmen.com/members/member_ ... er_id=3225

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#213 Post by Doc Ibold »

James J. Walters wrote:See, that's what makes this question so great, Doc. I thought you were talking about the bartender!

Here's a good comparison shot. Bob from "Paniolo":

See, to me THAT picture doesn't look like Bob Minor!

:lol:

It goes back to my welcome post to Magnums Little Voice where I said "sometimes absurd, but never dull".

A post on trivia turns into a photographic dissertation on whether not an extra in a scene is actually the stunt coordinator of the show or some random guy.

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#214 Post by golfmobile »

This is also another one of those potentially "over-analyzed" scenarios where, if we COULD find the guy it was and asked him about it, he's not going to remember one little scene!!! We have leads in big scenes who don't remember the details we pull out of these scenes.

I venture that this will forever remain an unanswered question.

Back to the last trivia question about "Hi, guy" and "Certainly not!" I don't know but I'm dying to hear the answer!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#215 Post by IslandHopper »

IslandHopper wrote:There is a better shot of the guy. When Higgins starts running the table, you will see the guy standing behind Dex as Dex stares in disbelief at Higgins' skill. The shot is much closer and clearer. However, I still don't think it is Bob Minor.
Can someone post the screen shot described above? I think you will be able to tell for sure with this shot. I actually think the guy looks more like former Dallas Cowboy and SF 49er, Ken Norton, Jr., than Bob Minor.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#216 Post by J.J. Walters »

This isn't it?
James J. Walters wrote:See, that's what makes this question so great, Doc. I thought you were talking about the bartender!

Here's another shot of our mysterious cowboy:

I looked through the whole scene and this was the best shot of our "mystery cowboy" (and he's standing behind Dex when Higgins runs the table).

Hehe, Ken Norton. He does kind of look like Ken Norton! Whoever he is, I wouldn't want to get into a scrap with him, that's for sure! ;)

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#217 Post by IslandHopper »

Thanks for posting that James. That's the screen shot I was referring to. Unfortunately it appears much darker than it is while playing in the DVD. It seems like most of the screen shots appear darker than they actually are. Thanks again.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#218 Post by sophia »

IslandHopper wrote:
IslandHopper wrote:There is a better shot of the guy. When Higgins starts running the table, you will see the guy standing behind Dex as Dex stares in disbelief at Higgins' skill. The shot is much closer and clearer. However, I still don't think it is Bob Minor.
Can someone post the screen shot described above? I think you will be able to tell for sure with this shot. I actually think the guy looks more like former Dallas Cowboy and SF 49er, Ken Norton, Jr., than Bob Minor.
IslandHopper,
How about his Dad, Ken Norton, Sr.
He appeared on television around this time. I think he appeared on the A-team. I don't think its him either. I been looking around, can't come up with any possibilities.
Oh well,
great question Doc!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#219 Post by IslandHopper »

sophia wrote:IslandHopper,
How about his Dad, Ken Norton, Sr.
He appeared on television around this time. I think he appeared on the A-team. I don't think its him either. I been looking around, can't come up with any possibilities.
Oh well,
great question Doc!
Good point Sophia. Ken Norton's (Senior) IMDB indicates that he appeared in an episode of the "A-Team" in 1983, a show that I believe is also a Universal production like MPI.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#220 Post by J.J. Walters »

He was also in an episode of Knight Rider!

Upon further review, I don't think it's Norton Sr., either. His face, even in his later years, was never that "heavy" looking.

Let's see, who else do we have.... how 'bout Carl Eller? I can see Carl Eller looking like that in 1984!

I suppose it's time to move on now, huh?..... ;)

Apollo
Lieutenant

#221 Post by Apollo »

So,

Doc you put it out there what is the final answer? :shock:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#222 Post by Sam »

Apollo,
It's been so long,I've forgotten the question. :lol:

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#223 Post by Doc Ibold »

I'm so confuser that even I don't know the answer!

My take is that it IS Bob Minor, but it may be not.

Someone else ask a question!

Anyone!

Quick!

:lol:

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#224 Post by sophia »

OK, two part question
In the episode LA
What is the name of the glass and mirror shop?
What did Thomas take that belonged to Burt Reynolds?

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#225 Post by sophia »

OK,
Was the question too hard?
Thought the 2nd question was rather easy.
Maybe I was the only one who noticed the mirror and glass shop.
How about another one.

Who are the three actors, mentioned by TM and John Wayne,who will star in the movie version of "This Island Isn't Big Enough."