Stuff That Reminds You Of Magnum

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

Stuff That Reminds You Of Magnum

#1 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

Have you guys ever seen anything on a normal road (or anywhere) nowadays that reminds you of Magnum?

Today I saw some street called Hue Hue Road. Very interesting coincedence I was thinking about playing the Magnum Moblie game at the same time.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#2 Post by Olivier »

When I see dobermans I think immediatly "Zeus and Apollo".

MBJR9
Commander

#3 Post by MBJR9 »

'Round here there's a few street names that remind me of Magnum PI, Higgins Rd & Apollo Dr are a few. Also there's a local guy that drives around in an older Audi 5000, I pass him everyday on the way to work.

And when ever it's sunny and I put on my Aviators that makes me think of it too.

Mack
Commander

#4 Post by Mack »

Whenever I'm at a baseball game and spot someone wearing a Detroit Tigers cap and wonder if they are a Detroit fan, a Magnum fan or both.
Hana Hou!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Miss Q »

There is a restaurant near me names 'Labule'
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#6 Post by N1095A »

I work for a company called T.C. Transport
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#7 Post by IslandHopper »

There is a towing company around town called TC's Towing.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#8 Post by golfmobile »

When we drove down the "Eucalyptus Tunnel" on Kauai, I thought it looked like the scene through the trees in the MPI opening seqquence (but it's not).

When someone says, "Oh . . . my GOD!!"

When someone says, "Hi, guys . . . . "

And, hey, have you seen the "HorseMax" version (rather cute) of "CarMax" commercials? The customer at the end looks like TS with his Jesse Stone and A.J. Cooper Van Dyke beard . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

bradchambers
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#9 Post by bradchambers »

There's someone that lives about a mile down the road from me that has a red ferari. It's usually under a car cover, but I've seen him out on the road a few times over the past 4 years. I haven't gotten a close enough look to see if it's a 308, but it sure looks just like it. I get a warm fuzzy feeling on those rare occasions I see it out on the road.

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by Vanity »

When I used to live on the French Riviera, there was the coastal road leadind from Cannes to Monte Carlo that reminded me very often of some aerial shots we get to see from TM in his Ferrari.
Then I moved to Portugal, living on the ocean front very close-by a very famous lighthouse that reminded me again of the famouse shot of TM driving by the lighthouse.
I know what you're thinking...

Magnum92
Captain

#11 Post by Magnum92 »

One of my Dad's mates has a Ferrari 308 GTS
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

MagnumPI
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#12 Post by MagnumPI »

everytime i load my M1911 !
P.I

Colt m1911
Rem 870

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

It's funny this should be mentioned, as across the street from me over the last couple of days there has been a van with 'T.C. Builders' on the side.

Guess ol' Theodore Calvin is branching out! :lol:
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by lutherhgillis »

This is a great topic, Jay.

Whenever I go to the bank's safe deposit vault, I think of the Carol Burnette episode "Rembrandt's Girl".

Of course, whenever I see a red Ferrari that resembles a 308, I think about the Mag...

Sometimes a hotdog with chili or a box of Fig Newtons will remind me of MPI.

Whenever I see an old gum shoe type in a movie I think of Luther.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Frodoleader »

Mack wrote:Whenever I'm at a baseball game and spot someone wearing a Detroit Tigers cap and wonder if they are a Detroit fan, a Magnum fan or both.
I agree. Whenever I see a Detroit cap, my first thought is "Tigers or Magnum?"

BTW, I am due for a new ball cap. I usually wear the cap of a major league team until it falls apart. I'm thinking of getting another Tigers cap. Had one back in the '80's of course!

Another thing that reminds me of MPI: I have Chuck Mangione's "Feels so good" album on my MP3 player. Whenever I listen to it, it makes me think of MPI, the 1980's and a lot of things from my past...
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan