Your least favorite episode

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#46 Post by Italian Ice »

Episodes I didn't really enjoy

"Missing in Action" - awful ending...
"Adelaide" - boring......
"Mixed Doubles" - enough said from what everyone else mentioned
"Smaller than Life" - made no sense, and are you kidding me?
"Murder 101" - could have been better if they perhaps used KKC staff or locals that were from previous episodes.
"Pretty Good Dancing Chicken" - this stuff just couldn't happen
"Photo Play" - Cassie Yates
"Paper War" - Just kidding!
"Past Tense" - Didn't understand it...
"Let Me Hear The Music" - didn't really see the point of this one
Last edited by Italian Ice on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Kwanzaa
Lieutenant

#47 Post by Kwanzaa »

I agree that it is fun to rough up the episodes twenty-some years after the show's run. At the time however, the epsidoes seemed pretty cool. Some were excellent. Birds of a Feather is a weak episode but I love how they brought in the loyalty thing felt by Vietnam Vets toward thier fellow soldiers.

Dancing Chicken is not one of my favorites but I remember seeing this one during its first run and it wasn't bad. It was totally implausible but it made for good TV.

Home from the Sea is not one of my favorites but it is a solid episode. I like how it deals with TM's dad.

Going Home would have to be one of my least favorites. What a bunch of half-baked charaters back in Tidewater! Not very enjoyable.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#48 Post by N1095A »

Two Birds Of A Feather - 'nuff said

Holmes Is Where The Heart Is - Sorry, as much as I love Higgins, Just couldn't get into it.

The Man From Marseilles - Jean Claude Fornier just rubs me the wrong way.

Forever In Time - Just didn't click with me.

I'll qualify the above by saying that I'd rather watch any or all of these episodes than 98% of the drivel that is churned out today. Even though as a whole I didn't care for the episode, there were still many great moments in each one, and I've watched all of them many times over.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#49 Post by SelleckLover »

N1095A wrote:
I'll qualify the above by saying that I'd rather watch any or all of these episodes than 98% of the drivel that is churned out today.
Amen, brother, amen! :D

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#50 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

SelleckLover wrote:N1095A wrote:
I'll qualify the above by saying that I'd rather watch any or all of these episodes than 98% of the drivel that is churned out today.
Amen, brother, amen! :D
X3

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by lutherhgillis »

X3 for me too...

I also did not like Love for Sale Boat. This was not anchored in the slightest bit of reality (pardon the pun). Totally absurd. Also, I did not like the Father Jim Hiller/Joe Travis/Noel Thompson/Jim Bonnick/Mac 2 character at all. He was a total weasel.

the apprentice
Lieutenant Commander

#52 Post by the apprentice »

murder 101 for sure
magnum, i do say

Lt. Cook
Commander

#53 Post by Lt. Cook »

My least favorite, along with Birds of a feather, is Let Me Hear the Music. It was cool they tried to do a "country music" themed episode, but the episode just went nowhere.

TankTop44
Commander

#54 Post by TankTop44 »

I just finished "The Uglieset Dog in Hawaii" as a whole it was a good episode, however, them being chased by the bad guys through the bannana field and places seem to drag on a bit.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by lutherhgillis »

Ugliest Dog was ok but not great. I love how Magnum pauses in the banana patch and looks straight up to get a fix on the location of the hootch plants so he can report it to the authorities. He could only have been looking at the sky. I guess he was using the clouds to navigate by...

TankTop44
Commander

#56 Post by TankTop44 »

Yeah, unless there was a mountain or tower close by.