Magnum PI Continues!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

metalmoose
Lieutenant Commander

Magnum PI Continues!

#1 Post by metalmoose »

Have you ever watched the "Star Trek Continues" fan created internet show, with Vic Mignogna? I thought it was very well done and liked most of the episodes very much. How cool would it be to write 5 new episodes with the same approach as STC and find look-alike actors to film the 5 episodes. I know it would be a major project, but there seems to be lots of interest in the show. The plots would be set back in time, as if the show never ended. No one really believes that Magnum would be happy back in the Navy? Come on. The first episode could be about how the Navy deceived him and was going to use him for some secret mission that he could never survive, and he finds out. Then he could return to the estate in episode two, like the good old days (just a few weeks prior)! After watching a few episodes of STC, I didn't even find it weird that these were new actors portraying the originals. I think collaborating with other fans to write a few new episodes would be fun. I guess I'd have to move to Hawaii though to get artistic inspiration! And it would all have to be filmed there!

CanadianP1
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Magnum PI Continues!

#2 Post by CanadianP1 »

This does sound fun. I wonder if the unfilmed scripts would be a good starting point? Of course, there could be copyright issues.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum PI Continues!

#3 Post by 308GUY »

Need to get with Kenji....he would be one to come up with scripts akin to a "continuation" of the series we here all remember and love! :lol:

Of course you will also need a couple millionaires to get onboard....production costs have, like everything else, skyrocketed....then there's the estate being gone....course utilizing the same "tricks of the trade"...that the original production crew used, nearly anything/everything could be "replicated" accurately enough to convince even the most detail oriented fan....methinks.... :geek:

Nice thought anyway... :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"