Stranded on a deserted island with Magnum!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

metalmoose
Lieutenant Commander

Stranded on a deserted island with Magnum!

#1 Post by metalmoose »

This topic came to mind while I'll was thinking about how I never get tired of watching certain Magnum episodes over and over. In fact, I really look forward to watching them again and again. My wife thinks I'm nuts because of this... She may be on to something, but I'll leave that for another discussion. It's a similar feeling to listening to certain favorite songs of mine that are as cool to hear on the 500th time as on the 1st. So here's the quite cliched, but still cool in my opinion, question. If you were stuck on a deserted island, (a nice tropical one with no cannibals or headhunters), with no chance of anyone ever finding you, with only, let's say a few items; a fishing net, knife, supply of matches, 1000 cases of Old Düsseldorf and bottle opener, a solar powered DVD player and TV, and there were only 3 episodes of the Magnum box set that weren't horribly scratched beyond repair, which 3 episodes would you want to watch (until the end of eternity for you!)? This is an easy one for me, but I'm sure my picks probably won't be on anyone else's list! It would be...

#1 The curse of the KIng Kamehamea Club
#2 Try to Remember
#3 Dead Man's Channel

The Elmo Ziller Story and Don't Say Goodbye were just barely knocked off of the list, and it nearly broke my heart to do so, but rules are rules. Anyhow, let me know what you die-hard fans choose.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Stranded on a deserted island with Magnum!

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

metalmoose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:13 am This topic came to mind while I'll was thinking about how I never get tired of watching certain Magnum episodes over and over. In fact, I really look forward to watching them again and again. My wife thinks I'm nuts because of this... She may be on to something, but I'll leave that for another discussion. It's a similar feeling to listening to certain favorite songs of mine that are as cool to hear on the 500th time as on the 1st. So here's the quite cliched, but still cool in my opinion, question. If you were stuck on a deserted island, (a nice tropical one with no cannibals or headhunters), with no chance of anyone ever finding you, with only, let's say a few items; a fishing net, knife, supply of matches, 1000 cases of Old Düsseldorf and bottle opener, a solar powered DVD player and TV, and there were only 3 episodes of the Magnum box set that weren't horribly scratched beyond repair, which 3 episodes would you want to watch (until the end of eternity for you!)? This is an easy one for me, but I'm sure my picks probably won't be on anyone else's list! It would be...

#1 The curse of the KIng Kamehamea Club
#2 Try to Remember
#3 Dead Man's Channel

The Elmo Ziller Story and Don't Say Goodbye were just barely knocked off of the list, and it nearly broke my heart to do so, but rules are rules. Anyhow, let me know what you die-hard fans choose.
I see you're a fan of the early seasons. All your picks are from seasons 1 and 2. :)

Anyhoo, my 3 keepers would be:
1. Did You See the Sunrise?
2. Memories are Forever
3. Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii

I was contemplating "Death and Taxes" (another classic!) but perhaps it's a little too grim to be rewatching again and again on a tropical island. Plus I would really hate to part with the pilot episode which was such an awesome start to the series!

P.S. I also had a "weird" idea for a thread (perhaps I'll still do it) where out of the 4 episodes on each DVD you have to pick only 2 and lose the other 2. :) You know, the DVD police come knocking on your door and begin to complain that you have way too many episodes on each disc and that 4 is too many. You're only allowed to have 2 per disc. :lol:

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#3 Post by Aloha Friday »

I think my top 3 today would be:
1. Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii...2 parts, but counts as one, right?
2. No Need to Know
3. Black on White

#3 could change...1 and 2 are pretty solid.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

metalmoose
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by metalmoose »

Aloha Friday wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:30 am I think my top 3 today would be:
1. Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii...2 parts, but counts as one, right?
2. No Need to Know
3. Black on White

#3 could change...1 and 2 are pretty solid.
The PacMan game and sound is so funny in Black on White, I love it! I have to get one from e-bay.