Magnum episode project for the fans by the fans

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

Magnum episode project for the fans by the fans

#1 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Hi, all

I've got an idea which could delight the fans and that could be made by some big fans. Unfortunately, I haven't got time enough to work for it currently, but nevermind, I'm giving the idea for those who want to start the project :

Why not imagining an episode of Magnum ... and building it from the original episodes ? (like a patchwork)

It will be huge work to convert many episodes from the DVDs to avi files then to cut the most useful parts of it.
To make a real and independent story, in my point of view, the episode will have to be built with parts including the main characters in action and not including some guest characters, in order to have more possibilities for the scenario.
The best way to make something different from the original episodes could be to separate (as many times as possible) the sound and the picture and to change what was said by a mix of words said in other contextes.
(Especially about the voice over by Magnum)
In my point of view, the easiest and best episode that could be made by the fans, would be an episode with flashbacks. (some episodes of Magnum were made like this : when he's alone in the middle of the sea, or when he remained wedged under an old plane, etc..)

Well, huge work and tough work (especially for sticking the pieces together ... with professionnal quality) but what a satisfaction at the end ... !

(sorry for my approximative english)