Two Birds Feather Review

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Two Birds Feather Review

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Recommended YouTube video I watched.

Best episode ever?

I know he’s a plane guy but what’s he been smokin’? :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJV57FnMB2A
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Two Birds Feather Review

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:31 pm Recommended YouTube video I watched.

Best episode ever?

Not only is the reviewer a fan of this episode but every comment that I saw below the video praises the episode and calls it one of the best! :lol: So either these are very, very casual MPI watchers who don't remember too many episodes or this episode really is not bad at all and has more fans than we realize. :)

In either case I never hated this one and actually rather enjoyed it on my first viewing. It doesn't hold up as well on repeat viewings because the middle section in Texas is pretty dull and we miss our regular cast. But the opening in the jungle temple (shades of Raiders?), the transition from 'Nam skies to the clouds over Oahu as we see Hunter's Cessna making his long-distance flight (as improbably as it is), and the flight of the Cessna over TM's head as he's jogging and the crash into the tidal pool is some of my favorite stuff from the entire series!! All that stuff is GREAT!! I just love Higgy's "There's a plane in Robin Masters' tidal pool!!!" and Mag's response "Well, I didn't put it there!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Too bad the rest of the episode isn't on this high level. But just for that great stuff in the beginning this episode is automatically elevated from TURKEY level. :)

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:17 pm

Best episode ever?

Not only is the reviewer a fan of this episode but every comment that I saw below the video praises the episode and calls it one of the best! :lol: So either these are very, very casual MPI watchers who don't remember too many episodes or this episode really is not bad at all and has more fans than we realize. :)

In either case I never hated this one and actually rather enjoyed it on my first viewing. It doesn't hold up as well on repeat viewings because the middle section in Texas is pretty dull and we miss our regular cast. But the opening in the jungle temple (shades of Raiders?), the transition from 'Nam skies to the clouds over Oahu as we see Hunter's Cessna making his long-distance flight (as improbably as it is), and the flight of the Cessna over TM's head as he's jogging and the crash into the tidal pool is some of my favorite stuff from the entire series!! All that stuff is GREAT!! I just love Higgy's "There's a plane in Robin Masters' tidal pool!!!" and Mag's response "Well, I didn't put it there!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Too bad the rest of the episode isn't on this high level. But just for that great stuff in the beginning this episode is automatically elevated from TURKEY level. :)
Good observations.

Finish the series yet? :D
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#4 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:13 pm

Best episode ever?

Good observations.

Yes!!! Finish the series yet? :D

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:13 pm

Best episode ever?

Good observations.

Well, I had stopped mid-season 4. And since we're about to get started with our season 4 rewatch (40 years since season 4) then I'm right where I need to be, to pick up where I left off. :D