Screen Used Magnum, P.I. Car

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

UtahMagnumFan
Lieutenant

Screen Used Magnum, P.I. Car

#1 Post by UtahMagnumFan »

Well, it’s not the Ferrari, but this is still pretty cool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155776064757?m ... media=COPY

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Screen Used Magnum, P.I. Car

#2 Post by Pahonu »

UtahMagnumFan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:37 pm Well, it’s not the Ferrari, but this is still pretty cool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155776064757?m ... media=COPY
Pretty cool! Thanks

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by To The Regiment »

Very cool! And the starting bid isn't much more than the price of a vintage Rolex GMT :lol:

Cheers!
To The Regiment

metalmoose
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by metalmoose »

Lets get a couple of bucks from all the Magnum Mania fans and buy this thing. I'll park it in my garage and any member from the website can stop over for an Old Dusseldorf and take it for a spin!

Island_Hoppers
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by Island_Hoppers »

metalmoose wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:21 am Lets get a couple of bucks from all the Magnum Mania fans and buy this thing. I'll park it in my garage and any member from the website can stop over for an Old Dusseldorf and take it for a spin!
Sounds good to me! Let's rotate though, everyone gets it for a month :wink:
“I’m trying to tie up the loose ends, Floyd, you know, like those TV detectives.” – Thomas Magnum

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#6 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Interesting auction.
From the TV series Magnum PI driven by Tom Selleck in the episode Flashback in 1982. This Bugatti kit car is built off a VW engine and it’s custom made by Universal Studios for Tom Selleck to be driven in Magnum PI TV Series. It can be seen featured throughout the episode and is a truly rare find cars in great running condition. Accompanying with the car is original script from the episode.

Looks like the $25,000 starting bid is a little too rich for what is essentially a VW, as it's been relisted four times with no bids. Not much in terms of proof that this is the exact car from the episode, but I did a little comparison and it certainly looks like the real deal. The description doesn't make a lot of sense though when it says "custom made by Universal Studios." There's no way they'd custom make an old car for this episode. I'm sure there was plenty of old cars they could have rented for the days of shooting.

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.