Are Magnum fans also Jimmy Buffett fans?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsGMTMaster
Commander

Are Magnum fans also Jimmy Buffett fans?

#1 Post by MagnumsGMTMaster »

Obviously apropos of the passing of Jimmy Buffett, I have always thought that the Jimmy Buffett popularized beach bum lifestyle, vibe, etc isn't all that far from Magnum's vibe and lifestyle without the gunplay and international intrigue.

What do you all think?

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: Are Magnum fans also Jimmy Buffett fans?

#2 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Yes, of course! What's more Magnum than Cheeseburger in Paradise? 🍔🏝

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by eagle »

I've never been a fan of Jimmy Buffet, and don't listen to his music while I'm on my own, but I don't mind his music when I'm out with friends.

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by To The Regiment »

MagnumsGMTMaster wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:24 pm Obviously apropos of the passing of Jimmy Buffett, I have always thought that the Jimmy Buffett popularized beach bum lifestyle, vibe, etc isn't all that far from Magnum's vibe and lifestyle without the gunplay and international intrigue.

What do you all think?
Absolutely.

Buffett was involved in real-life gunplay when he (and U2's Bono, who was onboard) was shot at while flying his seaplane in Jamaica.

Bonus Points: Buffett guest starred on multiple episodes of Hawaii 5-0...and one episode of Selleck's Blue Bloods.

Cheers!
To The Regiment

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I've gone through his popular stuff and have a few LPs in my collection. I certainly wouldn't call myself a Parrot Head, but I have an appreciation for the vibe he popularized. I think I have a similar relationship with the Grateful Dead. I'm not a Dead Head, but I like the vibe and appreciate the strong community that they spawned. I'll dip my toe into either of these worlds whenever the mood strikes me and then move along.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.