“Paper War” Poll

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Team Magnum or Team Higgins?

Team Magnum
13%
Team Higgins
88%

Total votes: 8

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

“Paper War” Poll

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Watched Paper War for the first time in a while today while working out.

I’ve evolved over the years.

Thomas was way over-the-top from the get go. Overly childish and kinda rude and hurtful too.

Used to side with Magnum. :magnum:

Realized I’m now Team Higgins. :higgins:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: “Paper War” Poll

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

I've never seen this one. Remember that I'm still on season 4. :oops:

But I assume this one deals with a war and some paper? :lol: Throwing crumpled paper at each other like we did in school? :D Ok, don't spoil it for me in case my guess was less than spot on.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:57 pm Watched Paper War for the first time in a while today while working out.

I’ve evolved over the years.

Thomas was way over-the-top from the get go. Overly childish and kinda rude and hurtful too.

Used to side with Magnum. :magnum:

Realized I’m now Team Higgins. :higgins:
Here's to Uncle Otis

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:19 pm I've never seen this one. Remember that I'm still on season 4. :oops:
Crazy. :x
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:19 pm I've never seen this one. Remember that I'm still on season 4. :oops:

But I assume this one deals with a war and some paper? :lol: Throwing crumpled paper at each other like we did in school? :D Ok, don't spoil it for me in case my guess was less than spot on.
You're seriously still on Season 4? And you've been a member of the forum for 11 years? What am I missing?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by T.Q. »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:52 pm

You're seriously still on Season 4? And you've been a member of the forum for 11 years? What am I missing?
It's one of the strangest phenomenon I've ever seen on the Internet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:52 pm

I didn't get the series on DVD until a few years ago and prior to that watched the first few seasons on Netflix. Then I started from the beginning on DVD and then got sidetracked with other stuff and been pretty busy. Then these last few months I've been rewatching season 3 as part of the 40 year anniversary, along with Knight Rider season 1 and The A-Team season 1 (both also 40 year anniversary). :) So I guess this fall I'll be watching and eventually getting caught up with where I stopped with MPI season 4 as part of that season's 40 year anniversary. Then I'll get to season 5 and beyond... :P

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Wow. Curiosity must be killing you. Iconic episodes like Paper War and Death and Taxes….

I actually took longer than most to fully get through the series once they were available on dvd, etc. I had seen many on the original run, but had probably missed most. Honestly, I didn’t want it to end. Still, eleven years is a long time 😂.

At least you’ve seen the seasons that are consistently the best - as judged by me!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:23 pm Wow. Curiosity must be killing you. Iconic episodes like Paper War and Death and Taxes….

I actually took longer than most to fully get through the series once they were available on dvd, etc. I had seen many on the original run, but had probably missed most. Honestly, I didn’t want it to end. Still, eleven years is a long time 😂.

At least you’ve seen the seasons that are consistently the best - as judged by me!
Not to worry. I saw the classics like "Laura" and "Death and Taxes". Both very gripping episodes, among the best in the series! Also saw the Murder, She Wrote cross-over. I did jump ahead for that one. :) Actually the former 2 I saw on Netflix, even before I got the DVD set.

Actually since I'm a pretty big fan of the show now and I own the DVD set (it ain't going anywhere) it's that much sweeter taking my dandy time going through the series. Milking it for all its worth. :D That means in a few years time I'll still be discovering new MPI episodes. Whereas if I saw it all in one go then it wouldn't be new for me anymore.