What would a Thomas Magnum and Frank Reagan interaction be like?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

What would a Thomas Magnum and Frank Reagan interaction be like?

#1 Post by Magnum4eva »

I know this is silly but for anyone else whose a fan of both Magnum and Blue Bloods do you think it'd be fun to imagine two iconic Selleck roles interacting? Would they take a liking to one another or have confrontation? Seems fun to think about lol.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

Re: What would a Thomas Magnum and Frank Reagan interaction be like?

#2 Post by Aloha Friday »

Great question...I love both characters but I see them butting heads if their paths ever crossed. Both are former military men, maybe could have even been USNA classmates. Was Frank Reagan an officer in the Marines, or enlisted? I'm not sure if that part of his bio has been brought up. I know Danny was enlisted.

I think there would be respect, but I think Magnum is a bit of a rule breaker compared to Frank Reagan, the rule maker. Frank is a buttoned up company man through and through...TM is more casual, rule book is more of a suggestion. I can see it playing out like TM and Buck Green...but FR is more moral than Buck.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by Magnum4eva »

Aloha Friday wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:54 am Great question...I love both characters but I see them butting heads if their paths ever crossed. Both are former military men, maybe could have even been USNA classmates. Was Frank Reagan an officer in the Marines, or enlisted? I'm not sure if that part of his bio has been brought up. I know Danny was enlisted.

I think there would be respect, but I think Magnum is a bit of a rule breaker compared to Frank Reagan, the rule maker. Frank is a buttoned up company man through and through...TM is more casual, rule book is more of a suggestion. I can see it playing out like TM and Buck Green...but FR is more moral than Buck.
I agree. I would actually love to see that in a Blue Bloods episode although it'll never happen. Would be kinda cool though like what Last Man Standing did with Tim Taylor and had Tim Allen do a dual role playing off the two characters.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#4 Post by Aloha Friday »

That would be cool. I saw that with Tim Allen. Apparently Frank Reagan was a Lieutenant in the Marines during Viet Nam. There could definitely be a story line there.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

For some reason, I read the subject as...What would a Thomas Magnum and Frank Drebin interaction be like?

I think I'd like to see that one more!

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.