FINALLY: Magnum PI Reunion on Blue Bloods

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

FINALLY: Magnum PI Reunion on Blue Bloods

#1 Post by To The Regiment »

It’s FINALLY happening: a Magnum PI reunion on Blue Bloods. Looks like Larry Manetti may be guest starring in a Blue Bloods episode, according to Donnie Wahlberg’s Instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpLR72JuSYx ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Cheers!
To The Regiment

NotthatRick
Admiral

Re: FINALLY: Magnum PI Reunion on Blue Bloods

#2 Post by NotthatRick »

I've never watched this series, but I guess I'll make an exception for this episode.

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by Mr. Keoki »

I've never seen blue bloods either. It may be worth checking out. It's unfortunate they couldn't have done something earlier and got Roger in there. :luther:
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#4 Post by Aloha Friday »

Blue Bloods is an excellent show. I was very happy to see Larry Manetti getting a guest role on the show. I know it wont happen because TS said as much, but I'd like to see him do a cameo on the new MPI...maybe as an old war buddy of "The Kid". They can talk Tigers baseball or something...maybe Ferraris or his book on How to Become a World Class Private Investigator.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Fun. I’ll have to tune in. My mom watches it religiously, but I’m not inspired to make the effort. It’s a good show though.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Magnum4eva »

NotthatRick wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:28 am I've never watched this series, but I guess I'll make an exception for this episode.
I HIGHLY recommend you watch it. It's a phenomenal show and proves once again that Tom can do no wrong when it comes to picking amazing projects. From Magnum, PI to Jesse Stone to Blue Bloods. I've come to know and love him as Thomas Magnum, Jesse Stone and Commissioner Frank Reagan.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by Magnum4eva »

Mr. Keoki wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:52 am I've never seen blue bloods either. It may be worth checking out. It's unfortunate they couldn't have done something earlier and got Roger in there. :luther:
There actually was a reunion between Tom, Roger and Larry on the short lived Las Vegas. Was a pretty cool moment seeing the trio standing side by side together again.

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Mr. Keoki »

I totally forgot about that show (my wife used to watch it). I'll have to find that episode.
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#9 Post by Magnum4eva »

Aloha Friday wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:51 am Blue Bloods is an excellent show. I was very happy to see Larry Manetti getting a guest role on the show. I know it wont happen because TS said as much, but I'd like to see him do a cameo on the new MPI...maybe as an old war buddy of "The Kid". They can talk Tigers baseball or something...maybe Ferraris or his book on How to Become a World Class Private Investigator.

Good to see another Blue Bloods fan! I've become a huge fan after finally watching the show the past few months catching up with reruns on ION, Newsnation aka WGN and UpTv. Tom will always be Thomas Magnum, Jesse Stone and now Commisoner Frank Reagan to me. You couldn't replace him in any of those roles.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Kevster »

With news of the show ending, I hope they find a way to have Larry back in ANY capacity this last season of Blue Bloods. And, even though she's been retired for a while, maybe even have Kathleen Lloyd show up... If she's capable of appearing at this point.

I suspect that Tom will never be more than maybe a short-run guest star on anything further (he may just retire outright at this point), so... Having lost so many people from MPI now, having those two appear in an episode would be nice. Kind of like Legend of the Lost Art was an episode tied to what TS didn't do due to his MPI commitment, maybe tip the hat on BB to what TS had done with MPI. Shame it couldn't be a more proper reunion as a send-off, but having John Hillerman or Roger Mosley appear as Higgins/TC would be a bit challenging at this point.

:roll: :| :wink:
Trust Me!!!

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by Nikita70 »

Saw the episode tonight. Larry looks far older than I would have thought. Haven’t seen him in anything in years, just kind of shocked. But he played a good role. Obviously anyone, like myself, who watched Magnum in the original run is no spring chicken 😉

orvillewright
Ensign

#12 Post by orvillewright »

nice seeing the two of them together on screen again.