Momentum Sea Quartz 30

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Momentum Sea Quartz 30

#136 Post by Pahonu »

Nikita70 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:18 am Styles and Pahonu, get onboard! I know there are other watches at this price point that are well made decent quality but you guys are Magnum fans. It’s a must have IMO. It’s gotten 90% of my wrist time since I received it, my Tudor has gotten the rest.
My simple breakdown is this:
Accuracy is great.
Comfort is great.
Lume is good, could be better.
Bracelet is great.
Strap is very good, could be better.
Looks are awesome.
My daddy taught me to never give in to peer pressure. LOL! Seriously, I’m not really much of a watch collector. My current collection has a grand total of two. Most of what I know I think I learned here. I generally find a watch I like and keep it until I break it. I still can’t believe my 35 year old Casio is still going and I haven’t damaged it like the others I’ve had over the years. I got my latest about 3 or 4 years ago. If this was available back then I probably would have chosen it based on the great reviews. It does sound like a solid watch.

Merona
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#137 Post by Merona »

You can add me to the list of satisfied Momentum customers. I received my Sea Quartz a few weeks ago, after ordering it at the end of summer. To be honest, I mainly bought it because I felt like I could not pass up the fun offer (watch + Paradise Found shirt) they ran during that round of sales. I got a Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT too (which I'm incredibly pleased with as well) and thought I'd only wear the Sea Quartz on the odd occasion. However, I've been positively surprised by the quality of the watch. It's very comfortable - I was planning to get a bracelet for it but actually really like the strap it came on so stuck with that - and looks better than I expected. It's great value for the price, but also just really nice to own in general. I'd recommend it to any Magnum fan looking to get a watch.

Merona
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#138 Post by Merona »

To The Regiment wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:57 am
Merona wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:38 pm I've been wanting a Magnum watch for a while now. This thread - which I read from start to finish yesterday - has been really helpful and a joy to read. Many thanks to all the contributors! It's a pleasure to join this board, after visiting it from time to time for years.

Literally the day I'd pulled the trigger and concluded that I want to get a Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT, the email from Momentum about the new Sea Quartz batch and promotion arrived. Back to square one! Then, when I'd decided that this promotion was too charming to pass up and fully on team Quartz again, I saw the exorbitant shipping costs as I was about to pay for my order... Sigh.. I haven't ruled it out yet though. The fact that it's the original company and that they're catering this to us Magnum fans is quite appealing.

Maybe it's not the right topic, but since it's part of the Sea Quartz promotion: could I ask those of you who already own one of the Paradise Found shirts for advice? I normally wear a medium size and like my shirts to have a tailored or slim fit. I considered ordering a 'small' based on the advice to order one size smaller than usual, but when I check the measurements it seems like my regular size is exactly in between the small and medium models... What to do? I wouldn't like a shirt that's too big, but naturally I still would like to be able to wear it... Any advice?
I'm normally a size medium in most shirts. I bought a size small Jungle Bird shirt made by Paradise Found and it fit me well.

Cheers!
To The Regiment
This turned out to be great advice. I opted for a size small and it fits perfectly. Many thanks again!