Best "Silly" Episode

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Best "Silly" Episode

#1 Post by T.Q. »

What is your favourite silly episode?

"Silly" as in not very serious (fun, campy, deliberately over-acted).

Mine is I Witness.

Love the episode.

P.S. Yes, I'm in the middle of another rewatch. I go on my Schwinn for the episode and don't really need to pay attention. It's just kinda on. 80s comfort food.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Best "Silly" Episode

#2 Post by Pahonu »

I enjoy the camp in Legend of the Lost Ark… I mean Art, especially given Selleck’s history of missing out on that famous role. I also enjoy the references to many old films, plus “Bogie Rick” makes his first return since the pilot.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Pahonu wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:17 pm I enjoy the camp in Legend of the Lost Ark… I mean Art, especially given Selleck’s history of missing out on that famous role. I also enjoy the references to many old films, plus “Bogie Rick” makes his first return since the pilot.
That’s an episode that’s really hard for me to like.

Just soooo over-the-top silly. :lol: :roll: :roll:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Mr. Keoki »

I can't stand "I witness"! Haha.

I like "The treasure of Kolaniapu'u" as a goofy/campy episode.

As an aside... in episode "underworld" at the end they introduced some weird mis-timed goofy stuff. The episode is pretty serious overall. Higgins and TC almost die, magnum kills a guy and then when they leave the hospital everything is going crazy around them wrapped up by the painter falling off the scaffolding.....
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by charybdis1966 »

I'm partial to "Tropical Madness" (2.7) - the funniest/silliest bit is Devon Ericson's excrutiating english accent - an appalling effort as bad as the benchmark for bad english accents, Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins (or as he says it "Maori Pawpins"). :D

There's not too much genuine peril in that episode so it does qualify as being an overall goofy one.
Last edited by charybdis1966 on Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:33 pm What is your favourite silly episode?

Mine is I Witness.

Love the episode.

P.S. Yes, I'm in the middle of another rewatch. I go on my Schwinn for the episode and don't really need to pay attention. It's just kinda on. 80s comfort food.
Is this 'Cheesiest Magnum PI Moments, Part Deux'? :lol:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by T.Q. »

Chris109 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:35 pm
T.Q. wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:33 pm What is your favourite silly episode?

Mine is I Witness.

Love the episode.

Is this 'Cheesiest Magnum PI Moments, Part Deux'? :lol:
No. Silliest Episode is different from Cheesiest moment/line. :wink:

rasgards
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by rasgards »

"I Witness" has another layer of depth when you watch it in the context of Rashoman.
Ras G