Thoughts on Certain Episodes

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Thoughts on Certain Episodes

#1 Post by Chris109 »

What episodes do any of you think were not long enough where they could have been made into a 90 minutes TV movie? I'll be watching an episode and think that it could have been extended a bit more.

One of mine was Of Sound Mind (3.12) where The Mag inherited a bunch of money. It seemed that they should have had more to the costume party.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Thoughts on Certain Episodes

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Chris109 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:41 pm What episodes do any of you think were not long enough where they could have been made into a 90 minutes TV movie? I'll be watching an episode and think that it could have been extended a bit more.

One of mine was Of Sound Mind (3.12) where The Mag inherited a bunch of money. It seemed that they should have had more to the costume party.
The costume ball was a waste of time and my least favorite part of the episode. It felt like it was there just for some cheap yuk-yuk's. In place of that I really wanted to see more time spent on the concept of Mag the millionaire with his own butler (Roscoe Lee Browne). We really never got any of that. We see him move into the millionaire's house and that's pretty much it. Then the costume ball... and then the whole jig is up. In place of the lame costume ball we could have gotten better laughs watching Mag being served on hand and foot and reacting incredulously to all this. As well as Higgy, T.C., and Rick's reactions. Missed opportunity. I don't get many laughs watching Mag repeatedly running into a door with his suit of armor on. Then laying on the floor with his arms and legs flailing. Can you imagine Jimbo Rockford doing anything this ridiculous?