Cheesiest Magnum PI Moments

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Cheesiest Magnum PI Moments

#1 Post by T.Q. »

I was thinking of cheesy moments when I was watching Smaller Than Life.

The call to President Reagan was super cheesy. :lol:

The Trammel/Whitaker scene in A Sense of Debt I found cringe cheesy too. Like super Tigers fan Magnum wouldn't recognize them?

What other cheesy moments stand out to you?
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Cheesiest Magnum PI Moments

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:38 pm The Trammel/Whitaker scene in A Sense of Debt I found cringe cheesy too. Like super Tigers fan Magnum wouldn't recognize them?
He might not if he wasn't looking for them or expecting them. :wink: If I was standing next to some celebrity I might not immediately recognize them too. Unless they are somehow forever seared in my subconscious - like Schwarzenegger or someone with a real unique look.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:38 pm I was thinking of cheesy moments when I was watching Smaller Than Life.

The call to President Reagan was super cheesy. :lol:

The Trammel/Whitaker scene in A Sense of Debt I found cringe cheesy too. Like super Tigers fan Magnum wouldn't recognize them?

What other cheesy moments stand out to you?
People always look different when they're not wearing their traditional garb.

I dress for women. I undress for men.---Angie Dickinson

As for cheese? Any time Rick was around a woman.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by T.Q. »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:57 pm
T.Q. wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:38 pm The Trammel/Whitaker scene in A Sense of Debt I found cringe cheesy too. Like super Tigers fan Magnum wouldn't recognize them?
He might not if he wasn't looking for them or expecting them. :wink: If I was standing next to some celebrity I might not immediately recognize them too. Unless they are somehow forever seared in my subconscious - like Schwarzenegger or someone with a real unique look.
I was a huge Blue Jays fan at the time.

If Lloyd Moseby, Jesse Barfield and George Bell were in a bar (even in street garb) I would have instantly known them.

Magnum not recognizing his sports heroes cheese factor: 10 :D :D :D
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:51 pm

If Lloyd Moseby, Jesse Barfield and George Bell were in a bar (even in street garb) I would have instantly known them.

Since I have no idea who is who (whom?), the guy on the right looks like TC's fake brother.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

They were a solid outfield in the mid to late 80’s. Bell won the MVP when I was in high school. Can’t recall the year. One of them played in Japan also, right around the time the Jays won their first World Series.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by T.Q. »

Chris109 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:28 pm

Since I have no idea who is who (whom?), the guy on the right looks like TC's fake brother.
Left to right: Bell, Moseby, Barfield.

Yes, Barfield does look a bit like TC's fake brother.

Me in Toronto bar seeing Jesse Barfield: "Hey, I recognize you. Aren't you TC's fake brother?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:09 pm
Chris109 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:28 pm

Left to right: Bell, Moseby, Barfield.

Yes, Barfield does look a bit like TC's fake brother.

Me in Toronto bar seeing Jesse Barfield: "Hey, I recognize you. Aren't you TC's fake brother?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesse 'fake brother' Barfield: "SAY WHAT? WHODAFUK IS TC?"