Anybody Want A Jeep?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Anybody Want A Jeep?

#1 Post by 308GUY »

Ran across this on BAT.

Don't remember what year the one owned by R.M. was but obviously, it had to be an 80's model.

This one's an 86' refurbished with a hemi installed! You'd have to turn the radio up REAL loud to hear the "Orange Blossom Special" while cruising in this! :lol:

Anyway, curiosity/trivia post.

Hopefully, here's a link:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986- ... 2022-08-11
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Anybody Want A Jeep?

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I don't think I ever remember noting that there was a second Robin 3 that was supposedly a Jeep Cherokee XJ (rather than that big Wagoneer).

Honestly, the one noted as a Jeep here, doesn't really look like one to me. But I'm certainly no expert. Don't know what episode it's taken from.

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#3 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:24 pm I don't think I ever remember noting that there was a second Robin 3 that was supposedly a Jeep Cherokee XJ (rather than that big Wagoneer).

Honestly, the one noted as a Jeep here, doesn't really look like one to me. But I'm certainly no expert. Don't know what episode it's taken from.

That’s not a Jeep. It’s a GMC S-15 Jimmy. I believe the Jeep Wagoneer was owned by the KKC early on, but there was briefly a newer model Jeep Wagoneer used in later seasons. I’m thinking of Summer School. There are some mistakes on the website it seems.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

There are a few episodes with the Jeep in them.....

One that comes to mind is "Basket Case" where TM is hauling the team around in the Jeep.

Another is "The Look" (I think) where TM is taking building supplies back to the estate in the Jeep.

May be a couple/few more, but my memory's not what it used to be! :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Chris109 »

JEEP, JEEP!