Rest in Peace Roger E. Mosley

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Rest in Peace Roger E. Mosley

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

Roger E. Mosley, Theodore "T.C." Calvin has passed away at 83.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/roge ... SY6NDTX6Y/
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

emenius
Commander

Re: Rest in Peace Roger E. Mosley

#2 Post by emenius »

Thanks for posting this. So sorry to hear about Roger E. Mosley's passing.

Ed

JungleBird
Commander

#3 Post by JungleBird »

Mark R.Y.
Captain

#4 Post by Mark R.Y. »

Damn! Rest easy, T.C. :(

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#5 Post by Pahonu »

I would recommend to any fans that you try and find his film Leadbelly. It’s a biopic about the blues guitarist Huddie Leadbetter and Mosley is the lead and always claimed it was his favorite role. I have seen it twice myself. He will be missed.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

I am surprised there had been no mention in various media when the accident first happened.
Considering all his movies, guest TV roles and 40 years of Magnum being shown around the world, he must have been seen by hundreds of millions of people over the years.
Maybe a billion in total. And I have no doubt people will be watching him in 100 years on the Mars Colony.

At any rate, RIP Big Man.

Vxc961
Lieutenant

#7 Post by Vxc961 »

I was shocked to hear this! Even as a young kid remember seeing him on game or talk shows, and he was always so positive and complimentary of his co-stars.

Gordon Katsumoto
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#8 Post by Gordon Katsumoto »

Farewell, TC. Thanks for the memories.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

Rest in Peace T.C.

:(
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

albert_m
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#10 Post by albert_m »

RIP TC.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by eagle »

I was very sad to receive this news today, and even sadder once I saw that he died of injuries sustained in a traffic accident. It wasn't age or illness that got him. Sad. RIP TC.

Anybody going to be viewing any specific episodes as a tribute? Any suggestions on which ones to watch? I know there are eps that focus on TC, but I don't know which ones they are.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

RIP T.C. :(

Now with Hillerman and Mosley gone only 2 of the main cast are remaining. I definitely did not think Mosley would go before Manetti, considering the latter's health problems for a while now. But that's how it goes sometimes. In this case it was a car accident that precipitated this. It's sad. :cry:

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Little Garwood »

Over the past several months I've been enjoying watching Roger's many performances in the so-called Blaxploitation films of the early-to-mid '70s. Mosley was also superb as Electric Larry in his Rockford Files episode Dirty Money, Black Light from S3.

Of the main actors in MPI, it was Roger who imo had the most interesting pre-Magnum career.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Little Garwood wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:50 pm Of the main actors in MPI, it was Roger who imo had the most interesting pre-Magnum career.
I dunno... John Hillerman starred in quite a few classic 70s films. BLAZING SADDLES and CHINATOWN immediately come to mind. But wasn't he also in PAPER MOON and THE LAST PICTURE SHOW? Probably some others too I'm forgetting.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by 308GUY »

eagle wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:16 pm I was very sad to receive this news today, and even sadder once I saw that he died of injuries sustained in a traffic accident. It wasn't age or illness that got him. Sad. RIP TC.

Anybody going to be viewing any specific episodes as a tribute? Any suggestions on which ones to watch? I know there are eps that focus on TC, but I don't know which ones they are.
Thicker Than Blood
A Sense Of Debt
Paradise Blues
Under World
Round And Around
Missing Melody

TC was such an integral part of the show and TM's life...hard to pin it down to just certain chapters...but I think these exemplify more than some, his contribution and importance to the overall mix.
So many excerpts from all episodes Roger was in, can't really say one is better than another.

I had Island Hoppers T's printed up locally, going back 10 years or more. I wear them nearly everyday, at least the days that I'm not wearing one of my aloha shirts. Had them printed up just like TC's...large logo on the back...small logo on the front. Won't say that TC is my "favorite" character on the show...don't really have one...but he is on the same level as TS....and I think more than anybody, TC was as close to TM as anybody could get. They shared a lot of history.

R.I.P. Mr. Mosley.....this one hits hard as a loss.

We ALL know what our eventual end has to be....but an auto accident being the cause.....FOOEY to quote TC.....old age is not "easy" anyway you look at it...but would rather see that as causation than a doggone auto accident.

It is what it is.

So long TC....you will never be replaced in our hearts....(at least not in mine.) :(
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"