For UK fans

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

Re: For UK fans

#16 Post by charybdis1966 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:14 pm

Does Higgins actually say "you did nothing wrong"? I don't remember. I seem to recall Higgins just reassuring TM that they (the Nazis) were all equally bad. That there were no small fish. In other words - don't feel too bad about the Greenbergs (or whatever their real names were), they were Nazis so you can't make any excuses for them. They were always evil inside. Not worth your time or your sorrow.
No you're right, Higgins doesn't actually say "you did nothing wrong" it's just the gist of his words implied that as I saw it. Mind you, it's entirely possible I might have misread the intention of the scene - but as it comes after a related scene that's been censored it's bound to look a bit confusing - well it was confusing to me ! :)

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

charybdis1966 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:21 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:14 pm

Does Higgins actually say "you did nothing wrong"? I don't remember. I seem to recall Higgins just reassuring TM that they (the Nazis) were all equally bad. That there were no small fish. In other words - don't feel too bad about the Greenbergs (or whatever their real names were), they were Nazis so you can't make any excuses for them. They were always evil inside. Not worth your time or your sorrow.
No you're right, Higgins doesn't actually say "you did nothing wrong" it's just the gist of his words implied that as I saw it. Mind you, it's entirely possible I might have misread the intention of the scene - but as it comes after a related scene that's been censored it's bound to look a bit confusing - well it was confusing to me ! :)
Yeah it could also simply mean it's not your fault that you were ever involved with these people. Or had to expose the truth about them. It's like when you hear about these stories where everybody's favorite neighbor turns out to be a total creep (pedophile or whatever) and many of these neighbors suddenly feel guilty of ever associating with this creep. It's something like that here. Again, she did just kill a guy with a scalpel hours earlier and threatened to do the same to TM. That kinda thing is sure to throw you off-balance emotionally. Higgy-baby was there to add some much needed support. :higgins: :)

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by charybdis1966 »

Strangely, ITV4 has got to Season 5, episode 6 (Fragments) and will then be going back to the beginning again (Don't eat the snow in Hawaii) - that's annoying !
I understand whole seasons may not be shown (if they do not have the rights to show them), but why stop mid way through season 5 ? :cry:

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Guys,
I watched Magnum from the start. I was a Big Hawaii Five 0 fan plus the TV reviewer in the Newark Star-Ledger promoted the series because he had predicted stardom for Tom Selleck
after his very well received turns on the Rockford Files.
It impressed me when TM shot Lena, the producer/writers were putting us on notice this was a different kind of PI series.
That's why - as I noted in the long discussion of this on Magnum Mania's season 1 Forum - I was perplexed afterwards when I would see this episode and there was no
gunshot. I was gratified when others in the thread recalled a shot too, then one posted the below link.
Hopefully this works, or just put it in your search engine:

Magnum Rewatch Ep06 - Never Again, Never Again - loadingreadyrun.com

The post there reads -

by 7SecondsLeft » 11 Mar 2015, 03:27
"The UK dvd still has the scene with the gunshot at the end, so they must have used a different source than the US dvds."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is human nature to hate him who you have injured"...Tacitus