Next Time You Go To A Beach with Deep Sand...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Next Time You Go To A Beach with Deep Sand...

#1 Post by Chris109 »

...watch how many people do the "Stunt-Double-Magnum Shuffle". While I was hanging out at da beach recently, I saw many people do this in the deep sand.

Island_Hoppers
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Next Time You Go To A Beach with Deep Sand...

#2 Post by Island_Hoppers »

Do you know what episode this scene is from? That's a gorgeous background, what an amazing shot!
“I’m trying to tie up the loose ends, Floyd, you know, like those TV detectives.” – Thomas Magnum

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#3 Post by Aloha Friday »

Double Jeopardy, Season 2. TM is recruited as a stunt double while a movie is being filmed on the estate.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Island_Hoppers
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by Island_Hoppers »

Aloha Friday wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:10 am Double Jeopardy, Season 2. TM is recruited as a stunt double while a movie is being filmed on the estate.
Thanks! I'll watch the beaches next time for this shuffle!
“I’m trying to tie up the loose ends, Floyd, you know, like those TV detectives.” – Thomas Magnum

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#5 Post by Pahonu »

Island_Hoppers wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:18 pm Do you know what episode this scene is from? That's a gorgeous background, what an amazing shot!
That’s right at the tidal pool, near the sea wall it seems. The large upstairs balcony of Pahonu would have looked over the roof of the one story ell to that view! The living room, library, and bar in the ell would also have that view, as would the beachside bedroom suite on the second floor. The architect sited the home well for these sight lines. None of these rooms were actually used in the show, sadly, other than the balcony. We got sets with no long views.