Should there have been a Magnum reunion movie?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: Should there have been a Magnum reunion movie?

#16 Post by Chris109 »

Pahonu wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:02 pm
Magnum4eva wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:07 pm

You left out 'In and Out' where Selleck shaved his 'stache and used his character's gaydar to inform Kevin Kline's character that he was gay and using the old smooch-a-roo.

Ewwww :x that's nasty!! He better have received a lot of money to do that scene. :shock:
Then stop watching it over, and over, and over.... :D

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#17 Post by Pahonu »

Chris109 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:25 pm

You left out 'In and Out' where Selleck shaved his 'stache and used his character's gaydar to inform Kevin Kline's character that he was gay and using the old smooch-a-roo.

Ewwww :x that's nasty!! He better have received a lot of money to do that scene. :shock:
I didn’t write that comment.
That was Ivan’s post.
Why did you attribute it to me?

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Chris109 »

Pahonu wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:52 pm

That was Ivan’s post.

I was trying to remove quotes and get screwed up cause it turned into a long post. It was directed toward anyone really. It's just the idea that you can't stop watching. I noticed that Kevin Kline went limp-wristed.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#19 Post by Pahonu »

Chris109 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:30 pm
Pahonu wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:52 pm

That was Ivan’s post.

I was trying to remove quotes and get screwed up cause it turned into a long post. It was directed toward anyone really. It's just the idea that you can't stop watching. I noticed that Kevin Kline went limp-wristed.
Got it. No worries. Thanks for responding.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Little Garwood »

You guys really should scale back your post quoting.

As to the question: Yes, there should have been a Magnum, P.I. reunion movie. While Selleck is to be commended for wanting a high-quality reunion film, I feel he used that as an excuse not to have one. After all, he didn't exactly adhere to this standard with his choice of big screen film projects during the '90s (Folks! Christopher Columbus, Mr. Baseball, In & Out, Open Season, The Love Letter). Selleck couldn't even be bothered to reprise his Lance White role in the Rockford Files reunion movies, yet he appeared in the aforementioned tripe.

Magnum's sister series, Simon & Simon, had a pretty good 1995 reunion movie which retained the spirit of the original show and which imo should have led to a series of reunion TV movies. However, it had the misfortune of airing opposite Seinfeld and was blasted away like Ivan in Did You See the Sunrise? I wonder if the same fate awaited a Magnum, P.I. reunion film.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

emenius
Commander

#21 Post by emenius »

It would have been great to see the four leads together again, but It's a moot point now.

Ed