GREAT article about Magnum by Collider.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: GREAT article about Magnum by Collider.

#16 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 am
Sam wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:51 pm AND IT WAS HER BUTT IN THE TIDAL POOL SHOT WITH SELLECK..
Maybe another butt was shot but never shown to us? Butt that's neither here nor there...

Butt I digress...

:lol:
Pretty good Ivan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by T.Q. »

Sam wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:51 pm Shirley Rogers in the scene..
Trust butt verify.

I should have put some maximus effort into checking her claim.

Now I feel like an ass. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

You guys have nothing better to do butt make jokes!

Have some decorum, please. This is unasseptable!

:wink:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Sam »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:01 pm You guys have nothing better to do butt make jokes!

Have some decorum, please. This is unasseptable!

:wink:
Hey Ivan,
You're really cracking yourself up.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by T.Q. »

Like I said, for all things Magnum PI this site is the treasure trove.

I should have come here for the booty.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:47 pm Like I said, for all things Magnum PI this site is the treasure trove.

I should have come here for the booty.
Butt booty is not ass important ass our friendships! :)

Ok, I should stop now. Ass you were...

Teddie Bear
Ensign

#22 Post by Teddie Bear »

tv and movies use doubles all the time to make the shot work...you are showing that you don't know much about the film industry as a whole.Because u didn't see credits.. mainly.. it wasn't done back then... before Cell phones etc ..most stunt performers were working all the time and didn't need to blow their own horn...they were working .it's sad one Braggs about doing a job but isn't that person...Shirley had the part on camera for that one show only....Debbie Bonfiglio was a full time crew member who stunt doubled almost all the women on the show for 7 yrs. And also was a full time stand in ...working 80 hrs a week...she didn't need to Bragg.she was working as a humble professional... a brain injury changed her life.im sure she was unaware of shirley lying ....I was honored to work along side her...also as a double .best to know the facts before post.better to be thought a fool then to post and leave no doubt!!!

Teddie Bear
Ensign

#23 Post by Teddie Bear »

Debbie Bonfiglio is snorkel girl...in tide pool with Tom selleck...she worked out everyday to have a great body and what a BUTT

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Sam »

I doubt the butt was part of the script...
Fast forward to the 10:15 mark to hear Sellecks description of the scene...I think Debbie is telling stories..

https://m.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxk6NnCkuq ... H3WPT9X0XH

Pahonu

#25 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:35 am I doubt the butt was part of the script...
Fast forward to the 10:15 mark to hear Sellecks description of the scene...I think Debbie is telling stories..

https://m.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxk6NnCkuq ... H3WPT9X0XH
Thanks Sam!
I going to go on the record and say that TS seems to have a very good recollection of him doing the scene with Shirley Rogers in his arms for the snorkeling scene even after all these years. I don’t know anything about this Debbie Bonfiglio, and she may have indeed been a stand in, but when Selleck himself comments on doing the scene with Shirley, that’s what has to be believed. I’m not sure why Teddie Bear seems so sure it wasn’t Shirley, but Selleck himself has made it pretty clear. I worked in production myself on Baywatch for two years and recall various people being used as doubles for different characters. I did so myself numerous times for Hasselhoff. None of these were credited. Regardless, I still defer to Selleck’s recollection of the scene ahead of anyone else’s claims.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Sam »

Hi Pahonu....A couple of things.First off, Selleck naming Rogers as the girl in tidal pool nails it .Secondly the scene wasn't about a butt shot.In the video Selleck mentions his eye roll, look was an aside to the crew and they left it in the show..So the unscripted scene didn't call for a Debbie Super Douper Pooper--Double.

The only reference that I can find to Debbie Bonfiglio is her claim to be the butt girl...It's curious that a 7 year full time crew member wouldn't have a credit..I believe much of the problem is in the link below..We have one cat who has posted under 3-4 handles to promote the ( tail ) ha.

Check out the Shirley butt reviews..

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagnumPI/comme ... ntro_ever/

Now..something I find amusing...Shirley Rogers first imdb credit was in a 1965 movie called. "The Lift".
Her movie character name was...wait for it..it was FANNY

Pahonu

#27 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:33 am Hi Pahonu....A couple of things.First off, Selleck naming Rogers as the girl in tidal pool nails it .Secondly the scene wasn't about a butt shot.In the video Selleck mentions his eye roll, look was an aside to the crew and they left it in the show..So the unscripted scene didn't call for a Debbie Super Douper Pooper--Double.

The only reference that I can find to Debbie Bonfiglio is her claim to be the butt girl...It's curious that a 7 year full time crew member wouldn't have a credit..I believe much of the problem is in the link below..We have one cat who has posted under 3-4 handles to promote the ( tail ) ha.

Check out the Shirley butt reviews..

https://www.reddit.com/r/MagnumPI/comme ... ntro_ever/

Now..something I find amusing...Shirley Rogers first imdb credit was in a 1965 movie called. "The Lift".
Her movie character name was...wait for it..it was FANNY
Hey Sam,
Great and hilarious detective work on Shirley’s first credit!!!

The multiple posts under different names is very suspect.

I would agree that it is hard to believe that she was a stunt performer and regular crew for 7 years and didn’t receive a single credit. It violates union rules in a major way. Now, a certain show I was associated with, on occasion would have a PA appear in scenes that may have been classified as stunts, but were not, perhaps to save money. Said PA was paid extra for such things as falling backward into cardboard boxes, diving into the cold Pacific off a moving cigarette boat, or just going to the edge of a tall cliff to be filmed from below!?!?! This was infrequent and not for 7 years.
Last edited by Pahonu on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Chris109 »

You guys are all PIGS. Looking at women as if they're just objects for your own enjoyment. DISGUSTING!!!!!

Teddie Bear
Ensign

#29 Post by Teddie Bear »

Thank you for that post...integrity is at stake here...Let's settle this by comparing the body parts shown in the tide pool "snorkel girl"... feet won't change much..also ankles and calfs...let's compare Debbie's parts and Shirley's parts with the girl in the tide pool...bingo ...there's your truth...that's the answer to this....

Wilson_MacLeish
Lieutenant

#30 Post by Wilson_MacLeish »

Teddie Bear wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:18 pm Thank you for that post...integrity is at stake here...Let's settle this by comparing the body parts shown in the tide pool "snorkel girl"... feet won't change much..also ankles and calfs...let's compare Debbie's parts and Shirley's parts with the girl in the tide pool...bingo ...there's your truth...that's the answer to this....
Are there any photos of Debbie Bonfiglio available? How can they be compared? As of today, all the evidence is in favor of Shirley Rogers. She's on screen in that scene, Tom Selleck has stated on national TV that she's the one in that shot.