GREAT article about Magnum by Collider.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

GREAT article about Magnum by Collider.

#1 Post by Magnum4eva »

https://collider.com/magnum-pi-1980-why-its-good/

This article speaks volumes about what makes this still so special. The reboot couldn't truly compete or top what Selleck, Bellasario and Co created.

NotthatRick
Admiral

Re: GREAT article about Magnum by Collider.

#2 Post by NotthatRick »

Very good article. Thanks for posting it!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Great article.

Thanks for sharing.

:magnum: :higgins:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Magnum4eva »

NotthatRick wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:37 pm Very good article. Thanks for posting it!
My pleasure! I was really impressed by it and I figured other Magnum fans would be too.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#5 Post by Magnum4eva »

T.Q. wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:08 pm Great article.

Thanks for sharing.

:magnum: :higgins:
Of course! :D

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Mark de Croix »

Nice article BUT:
1 ► The top picture was poorly chosen: TM appears a bit uncouth. There are at
least a thousand pics of him in action that do our hero the justice he deserves.
2 ► The other photos show how lazy the editors of this pub are: They couldn't
dip the photos in photoshop to spruce them up a bit???

Journalism progressively gets worse and worse these days. I'm so disappointed
by the laziness of the related editors for this piece. I hope they are in earshot
or read these words and repent. :D

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Mark de Croix wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:15 am Nice article BUT:
least a thousand pics of him in action that do our hero the justice he deserves.

by the laziness of the related editors for this piece. I hope they are in earshot
Sheesh, I guess there's no pleasing you. Perhaps you could have picked the "correct" pictures and written the article yourself. Some folks just enjoy complaining.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Mark de Croix »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:41 pm
Mark de Croix wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:15 am Nice article BUT:

Sheesh, I guess there's no pleasing you. Perhaps you could have picked the "correct" pictures and written the article yourself. Some folks just enjoy complaining.
Look who's complaining. :D Maybe you didn't read correctly: I did say it was a nice article.
However there's no excuse for a media in this day and age to publish photos in the poor condition as they are. With some apps it's just a push of a button and it's done. All the shows I've watched so far--even though they're approaching 50 years old--they are still pretty fresh and clean. So, yes, those photos were poorly chosen and produced. :magnum:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

Interesting comment on that article.
I was honored, to be full time stand in & stunt, doubling women in the show,over7 yrs...also the iconic tide pool butt shot,was me with tom in.all opening shows.It was hard and rewarding work.Our crew members were the greatest caring people..brain injury changed everthing ,but had the best life to reflect upon.and rebuild a different one..DEBBIE BONFIGLIO
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#10 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:50 pm Interesting comment on that article.
I was honored, to be full time stand in & stunt, doubling women in the show,over7 yrs...also the iconic tide pool butt shot,was me with tom in.all opening shows.It was hard and rewarding work.Our crew members were the greatest caring people..brain injury changed everthing ,but had the best life to reflect upon.and rebuild a different one..DEBBIE BONFIGLIO
Great catch TQ!
One of the stand-ins I worked with on Baywatch was also a stand-in on MPI. His first name was Ledge and he worked on a couple of other Hawaii based series when he lived there. Can’t remember his last name, but he likely worked with this woman.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Sam »

Pahonu wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:21 pm
Great catch TQ!
One of the stand-ins I worked with on Baywatch was also a stand-in on MPI. His first name was L :D :D edge and he worked on a couple of other Hawaii based series when he lived there. Can’t remember his last name, but he likely worked with this woman.

Hi Pahonu....I believe the interesting thing is..It's BS..because that would make the stand-in "Shirley Rogers" :D :D

Pahonu

#12 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:49 pm
Great catch TQ!
One of the stand-ins I worked with on Baywatch was also a stand-in on MPI. His first name was L :D :D edge and he worked on a couple of other Hawaii based series when he lived there. Can’t remember his last name, but he likely worked with this woman.

Hi Pahonu....I believe the interesting thing is..It's BS..because that would make the stand-in "Shirley Rogers" :D :D
Hey Sam,
I just spent some time searching through IMDB and found the guy I mentioned working with: Ledge Musselman was his name. No listing for this Debbie Bonfiglio though, in stunts, cast, or other crew. You’re likely correct.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Sam »

Pahonu wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:40 pm
Great catch TQ!

Hey Sam,
I just spent some time searching through IMDB and found the guy I mentioned working with: Ledge Musselman was his name. No listing for this Debbie Bonfiglio though, in stunts, cast, or other crew. You’re likely correct.
Hi Pahonu...I wasn't questioning your reference to Ledge..
The comment from T.Q. wasn't contained in the article but rather a comment to the article...where she claims to have worked full time as a stand-in/double for 7 years..AND IT WAS HER BUTT IN THE TIDAL POOL SHOT WITH SELLECK..
We know it was in fact Shirley Rogers in the scene..

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Sam wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:51 pm AND IT WAS HER BUTT IN THE TIDAL POOL SHOT WITH SELLECK..
Maybe another butt was shot but never shown to us? Butt that's neither here nor there...

Butt I digress...

:lol:

Pahonu

#15 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:51 pm
Pahonu wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:40 pm

Great catch TQ!

Hey Sam,
Hi Pahonu...I wasn't questioning your reference to Ledge..
The comment from T.Q. wasn't contained in the article but rather a comment to the article...where she claims to have worked full time as a stand-in/double for 7 years..AND IT WAS HER BUTT IN THE TIDAL POOL SHOT WITH SELLECK..
We know it was in fact Shirley Rogers in the scene..
No worries Sam. I didn’t think that. That’s a pretty big claim she made!