Army-Navy Game

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Army-Navy Game

#1 Post by Pahonu »

No mention of the game this year? I’m watching it right now. It’s currently tied.

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

Re: Army-Navy Game

#2 Post by To The Regiment »

Watching in North Carolina. Cheers!

To The Regiment

Pahonu

#3 Post by Pahonu »

To The Regiment wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:11 pm Watching in North Carolina. Cheers!

To The Regiment
Great game this year!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

You guys think Selleck watches?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by To The Regiment »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:19 am You guys think Selleck watches?
Possibly. He's probably too busy working on his ranch.

Best,
To The Regiment

Pahonu

#6 Post by Pahonu »

:D
Styles Bitchley wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:19 am You guys think Selleck watches?
I would guess not. He has no connection to the Navy that I’ve read about. He was a member of the California Army National Guard during the Vietnam era as a reservist but wasn’t an Army regular. Perhaps more applicable is his known sports history. While TM played football for Navy, TS played basketball briefly for USC. Selleck’s love of the Detroit Tigers and baseball in general is well known. He’s also a pretty big volleyball fan and went to games at the Long Beach Arena during the 1984 Olympics in LA (as did I :D). He probably had a part in TM’s character playing beach volleyball as he did in him wearing the Tigers cap. I just don’t recall any interest in football other than his character. Does anyone else have information?

walken1974
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#7 Post by walken1974 »

Funny I just checked the forum if anyone is as crazy as me and ties the game to magnum. Threw a little money on the game ( on navy) just because of that magnum episode. Navy was an underdog so a nice little win for me. In celebration I watched no more mr. nice guy.

Styles Bitchley

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

walken1974 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:25 am Funny I just checked the forum if anyone is as crazy as me and ties the game to magnum. Threw a little money on the game ( on navy) just because of that magnum episode. Navy was an underdog so a nice little win for me. In celebration I watched no more mr. nice guy.
I love this. Congrats, walken - and great to see you make an appearance.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

Was it a good game?

As a Canadian kid was never really in to US College ball.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#10 Post by ☨magnum.t »

Excellent game! Army should've won being the "better" team with an 8-3 record as opposed to Navy 3-8 but this game is the service academies equivalent to the super bowl. The rivalry really brings the best competitiveness out of them. The Army Navy game is also the oldest and longest lasting rivalries in college football.
That reminds me of the time....

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by T.Q. »

☨magnum.t wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:27 pm Excellent game! Army should've won being the "better" team with an 8-3 record as opposed to Navy 3-8 but this game is the service academies equivalent to the super bowl. The rivalry really brings the best competitiveness out of them. The Army Navy game is also the oldest and longest lasting rivalries in college football.
Yeah, but did you see Winnipeg beat Hamilton in the Grey Cup on Sunday? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Styles Bitchley

#12 Post by Styles Bitchley »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:37 pm
☨magnum.t wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:27 pm Excellent game! Army should've won being the "better" team with an 8-3 record as opposed to Navy 3-8 but this game is the service academies equivalent to the super bowl. The rivalry really brings the best competitiveness out of them. The Army Navy game is also the oldest and longest lasting rivalries in college football.
Yeah, but did you see Winnipeg beat Hamilton in the Grey Cup on Sunday? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I missed it this year because I don't have cable tv. Wish it was still broadcast on the regular networks. Even the Super Bowl is available on the regular networks!

- J.Q.H.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by T.Q. »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:06 pm
T.Q. wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:37 pm
I missed it this year because I don't have cable tv. Wish it was still broadcast on the regular networks. Even the Super Bowl is available on the regular networks!
Where I live I have CBC, CTV and (used to have) TSN.

TSN stopped working.

I was shocked the Grey Cup wasn't on CBC.

I had to find a stream.

Ooops, sorry for hijacking the Army/Navy thread.

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by To The Regiment »

A great game this year. I was rooting for the underdog in this game, Navy, and they won.

Cheers!
To The Regiment

MandyIsA10
Lieutenant

#15 Post by MandyIsA10 »

Tom played two years at USC on the hoops team. 1965-66 and 1966-67 seasons. Played in 7 games total. No stats from what I can Google. He did get a scholarship for basketball at USC after a stint at a junior college. This info is probably on here somewhere. I apologize if my info is redundant. I think he played volleyball there too.